Bosch saws

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by flyingscotsman, Apr 16, 2010.

1. flyingscotsman

flyingscotsman New Member

Evening all, I`ve been looking at the Bosch gcm10s, and was wondering if anyone had a good/bad word on them, cheers

2. bigwavedave

bigwavedave New Member

I've got one.

Nothing exceptional but equally nothing wrong with it. Better than the Dewalt saw I owned previously. Cuts accurately and runs smoothly. It also fits well on my Dewalt legs that I got with the Dewalt saw.

3. Piratejoiner

Piratejoiner New Member

I have one and as the previous guy said i used it to replace a dewalt (707?)

It is a much better saw then the dewalt .Smooth action and a lot of features that the 707 doesnt have + 3 years warranty

Down side it I broke the transport lock end as it got stuck .Although it still works

God forbid it got stole !!! I would buy another

4. paulo333

paulo333 Member

Hi,

I also have one, with the Bosch stand. In general a great piece of kit. Few small criticisms:

1. The extractor/dust bag attachment is not positioned well. It can get in the way a bit depending on the angle you are cutting at (just menas having to reposition).

2. The laser isn't very clear in brighter light. I don't bother using it.

3. The Bosch clamp supplied is pretty useless.

4. The fence should be higher.

That said, would I buy another? Absolutely.

Hope that's helpful.

Paulo

5. flyingscotsman

flyingscotsman New Member

Cheers guys for taking the time. All seems fairly positive, apart from a few niggles, nothing to worry about. I was just wondering if the dewalt had improved any, doesn`t seem so, cheers again.

6. parana

parana New Member

I have the gcm 10sd brilliant saw my only regret is i did not get the 12" version. dont think you can go far wrong with blue bosch personally + 3 yr warranty...

P