Diy Shell and Tube

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Nordio, May 15, 2010.

1. Nordio

Nordio New Member

It will be vented.
    http://alturl.com/n7zx

Sourcing a heat exchanger was problematic. (well not if you are prepared to stump up the cash)
    However I think I now have a neat solution and should be in posession of the twin domed cylinder-coil heat exchanger next week. The valve station changes are not added to this drawing.
    Extremely busy at work so the project is on hold and also waiting delivery of the 55 degree termovar sensor..
    But hey the sun is shining. Happy Days.

2. Onetap

Onetap Member

Stoves online mention using a gasification boiler
    without the thermal storage facility.

They do. They also say;

"Gasifying boilers are batch burners - meaning that you load them right up, burn them hard, let them burn down, and then reload if needed..........The heat from the wood is often stored in a hot water heat accumulator tank for use as and when needed, although you can connect a gasification boiler directly to a standard heating system."

It seems they've assumed all gasifying boilers are log burners; maybe all theirs' are. There is no mention of chip and pellet boilers most/all of which are gasifiers.

I wouldn't put much store in their suggestions.

3. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

I agree with OneBC. They deffo need a buffer tank/s. Of course they all can be fitted on a sealed system!!!
    This is just another example of the hard of thinking, thinking they can do Plumbing & Heating work, get a qualified Plumber in without delay dafty!!!

4. Nirdam

Nirdam New Member

Of course they all can be fitted on a sealed system!!!

"They all" being what exactly? Solid fuel boilers?

The OP's boiler is KSW plus which is a fan assisted non gasifying boiler.
    And their is no internal quench coil fitted to operate in conjunction with a thermal dump valve like a TS130.

Are you saying this boiler can be fitted on a sealed system here in the UK?

5. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

I'm not seeing where the dafty OP states he's fitting that appliance Rsole?? Is it on the DIYdoughnuts link??

Plus, we are not discussing general solid fuel appliances, try to keep up!!!

6. Nirdam

Nirdam New Member

Yeah it on the doughnuts link dafty dik.
    Try to keep up son.

Plus, we are not discussing general solid fuel appliances, try to keep up!!!

Then what are you discussing **** hole?

7. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

You are clearly not on the same wave lenth fa..ybaws!!

8. Nirdam

Nirdam New Member

OK lets have it puller. King of * and general * gobshyte.

Solid fuel boilers in the UK. You've installed hundreds so you should know....
    What models can be installed on sealed systems?

[Edited by: admin]

9. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

None, I did not mention solid fuel appliances, you did!! You appear to have comprihension problems son, did you have any formal education??!!

10. Nirdam

Nirdam New Member

None, I did not mention solid fuel appliances, you did!!

Yes I did, and it was in the form of a question.

This one....
    "They all" being what exactly? Solid fuel boilers?
    to your previous comment....

Of course they all can be fitted on a sealed system!!!

To which you decided to respond with insults.
    So the question still stands or can't you compehend?

11. Nordio

Nordio New Member

Handbags at dawn lol.
    Picked up the heat exchanger vessel yesterday.
    It's very compact and just what I wanted. No space for large vessels.
    The boiler's primary fuel is actually coal with wood being a secondary fuel but they will incinirate just about anything depending on just how severly you want to treat the flue I guess.
    Anyway this is my latest draft for the heat exchange interceptor vessel. (as I call it lol)
    http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/3958/heatexchangenergyinterc.gif

What I need now is a fixing bracket for mounting unto unistrut and was thinking of using the red expansion vessel brackets.
    Does anyone know if these can be purchased separately without the vessel from suppliers? Or can anyone think of a better way of mounting the vessel?
    Many Thanks.

12. Nordio

Nordio New Member

Update.
    What was on paper is now reality. :)
    http://alturl.com/v8g6

I used galvaband in the end and some construction adhesive down the length of the two vertical unistruts at the back.
    It's very secure.