chimney breast removal

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by dejoskii, May 27, 2010.

1. dejoskii

dejoskii New Member

I just bought a house and I have been informed by the previous owner that the chimney has been moved to somehwere else from the original place..That is through the living room. I plan to get a builder to remove the chimney breast, however I have read alot on this forum that it could be a delicate piece of work. I plan to only remove the living room chimney breast. Please bear with me, I am a first time buyer so I know very little about buidling stuffs.

Are there any issues I should worry about on this.

2. its possibly not a small job, but can be done. you should probably need some calcs done for steel involved, and you builder can probably give details of someone who can do this

3. the old un

the old un New Member

Quote.
    I just bought a house and I have been informed by the previous owner that the chimney has been moved to some where else from the original place.
    Not being funny, but any idea where it has gone? Could possibly give you an answer then.
    old un.