Wiring Diagram on Back of Timers/Programmers

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by unphased, Jun 7, 2010.

1. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Need some help please.

I am currently struggling (in every sense) with a gas contract to wire uop new combis, change timers/programmers on Y plans and change W plans to Y plans. I just don't understand the diagram on the back of the timers. Its got a line on 1, 2 crosses over to 3 HW OFF, 3 crosses over to 2 HW oON and 4 is a line CH on. It is causing me a lot of grief as when I am chging an old horstman or Danfoiss Randall to a Siemens or a Drayton the wiring is already there and I am struggling like * to sort it out.

Thanks

[Edited by: admin]

2. mr sillys

mr sillys New Member

:)

cheers

3. Removed 4

Removed 4 New Member

Are you serious, Roy?

Lucia x

4. propper spark

propper spark Member

It's just how it shows it. Just wire it so the heating on goes to the common on your room stat. Your hot water on, goes to the common on the cylinder stat and hot water off goes to the grey on your 3 port and what ever other colour they have used with it from the cylinder stat. Easy really.

5. propper spark

propper spark Member

I can understand you having problems with y and s plan wiring as a lot of sparks get confused with this but what are you finding hard about wiring a combi.

6. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

I know how to wire them from scratch. I might have known I would get judged. Its all very different when you are on the job and the wiring centre looks nothing like the noce diagram in the book and the old timer looks nothing ,ike the new one. its a ball ache trascing the * wires. All very easy for the ones not doing the job.

7. mr sillys

mr sillys New Member

cheers

8. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

* off

cheers
    wnk a

9. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

I am nit having problems with combis. I am having problems converting W plans to Y plans, changing dual channel timers on existing wiring and trying to see how the wiring centre is wired when it looks nowt like the "standard" diagram. Then you've got Vaiollant boliers, Worcester boilers...on an f on...thats why.

10. mr sillys

mr sillys New Member

11. propper spark

propper spark Member

Sometimes it can be a pain in the * especially if your on your own as it makes it easier if there’s 2 of you and you can bell things out easily. It doesn’t help when a diyers have bin round and you got different connections all over the place especially in jbs under floors and there’s cores missing which you really need to make it work. When it's like that your better of just wiring is from scratch and wireless room stats can be a god send in such cases.

12. madmaz

madmaz New Member

whenever i go to a poorly wired job only 1 thing to do disconnect and redo saves you loads of time * about

13. madmaz

madmaz New Member

unphased pass the contract to me i love heating systems

14. propper spark

propper spark Member

Up just ignore mr silly he’s probably never wired one in his life. Like you say any one can goggle a y plan drawing and it all looks simple. When you’re on the job things tend to look different.

15. mr sillys

mr sillys New Member

cheers

16. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

I am doing it for another spark in the town.

He gets wind I am looking for work. So I agree to work for him. I ask for £15.00 an hour, he offers me £12. So I think ******** I am desperate so I say okay. I start and he says I've got a gas boiler contract so I say okay lets give it a go. He says here's you jobs for today. He gives me 3. So I get stuck on the first one and it takes all day. Then I get talked through it so I learn. Then I do 2 the next day and he says I am doing a void so I go to the void. Gas contaract don't like it so I get pulled off and told to go to the next one. Then I am told I can only book max 10 hours even though the hours I book include travel (I agreed door to door) but that is turning in to £120 a day all hours and I am paying 20% on it. What t f am I doing. I really don't understand what the * I do wrong. End up on a gas contract frustrated out of my tree on y own driving all over brum.

17. fooman

fooman New Member

they expect you to do 3 a day at £12 per hours ?

That £36 per job ?

I would want £100 quid just to wire up one ***

18. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Giz a job, foo. :)

19. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

oscar231 knows who it is. I don't know who oscar 21 is. f me. :(

20. oscar21

oscar21 New Member

The only way to do an alteration is to disconnect everything and wire it up the way you think is should be done, hopefully the correct way. As they are hardly ever wired th right way to start off with.