How to tell a fake Makita BHP452 18v Drill?

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by SyncSociety, Jul 2, 2010.

1. SyncSociety

SyncSociety New Member

Does anyone know how to check if a BHP452 is a snide or not, had some offered cheap off a bloke on site...But wary that there's fakes about

2. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Simple answer tools offered for sale by some bloke on a site will 99% of the time be shonky or stolen. I used to work with a bloke who always boasted about how cheap he could get tools and some had postcodes etc ground off. I laughed in his face when his van got turned over and he was heartbroken about it. If he hadnt encouraged some junkie to nick others tools there wouldnt be a market and he wouldnt have had his nicked.

3. Piratejoiner

Piratejoiner New Member

I know a guy who bought a circular saw for a tenner.I told him "you know that's been nicked from someones van right?".He just grinned and was happy with his purchase

Until; his van got broken into ....he didn't think it was funny then.Those that buy stolen tools are as bad as the people that steal them

4. wuddy

wuddy Member

fake or real tell the * to *
    buy it new from a shop or from someone you know bought it genuine

if you buy dodgy gear your nothing but a thief yourself

sorry if it sounds a bit harsh but unfortunately its true

[Edited by: admin]

5. tiredman

tiredman New Member

had my gear nicked 3 times now...last time done in about 2 mins whilst unloading tools into house parked on drive about 5 foot from front door. amongst stuff gone was bhp452 could be mine can i have it back!!!!!!!