box gutter

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by notajeep, Jul 15, 2010.

1. notajeep

notajeep New Member

I’m looking to construct a canopy between the gable end of my house and the side of my pitched roof garage. The canopy will essentially be a conservatory/carport style roof, with wooden joists and polcarb sheets.
    Due to the garage roof pitch and guttering sloping toward the low side of the proposed canopy I need to make use
    of a box/valley gutter to run the length of the canopy/garage (approx 6m) to enable both the garage roof and canopy roof to drain into it.
    Do you know anyone one that supplys/stocks a suitable product, if not can you recommend a suitable solution?

2. notajeep

notajeep New Member

I've since found this, which is perfect for the job, but cost as much as I wanted to spend on the whole thing!!

http://www.peninsulaplastics.co.uk/#2132X4407

wondering if anyone has any lower budget ideas/solutions??

thank Ian

3. busy builder

busy builder New Member

Find a local sheet metal workshop and have one made up from galvanised sheet (1.6mm I think). You may be surprised at the cost.
    Don't forget the outlet will need to fit inside a downpipe so make it about 64mm dia and 50-70 long.