Aga/Rayburn hot water cylinder?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by coppercc, Jul 26, 2010.

1. coppercc

coppercc New Member

I have recently been to a possible job where the customer has a Rayburn/Aga used for HW & CH the cylinder is ancient and leaking from the flow on the cylinder.

Now I have had no experience of Aga/Rayburns but its a grade 3 cylinder 36 x 18 indirect. I thought Aga/Rayburns required a grade 2 cylinder and at least a 1400 x 500.

I have tried t discuss tis with reayburn/aga but are very vague and I dont want to install the wrong one as its rather tigt as it is let alone the larger of the two.

2. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Walk awwy Loz. Messing with AGA's is not for amateurs.

3. coppercc

coppercc New Member

Captain I wont be doing this on my own I will be with a TS who I will sub in bt want to make sure its the right cylinder, thats all.

4. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Cylinder grades are to do with head of water.

5. heatyman

heatyman Well-Known Member

Is it an Aga, or is it a Rayburn? Is it a vaporising burner or pressure jet? Is it gravity or pumped?
    This may explain Aga's vagueness.

6. G Brown

G Brown New Member

It will probably be completely f***d once Loz has finished messing with it!

7. jonsox

jonsox New Member

Hello people,
    Not very helpful...I have to replace a cylinder on a two oven AGA the current cylinder is an indirect vented type 900 x 450 mm which is gravity fed i.e. no pump there is a leak between the primary coil and the tank. The primary coil circuit is 28mm pipe and there are two heat sink rads in parallel with the coil run in 22mm.
    My question is can I use a standard indirct cylinder or does the coil need to be different for a gravity feed system?
    thanks
    John

8. G Brown

G Brown New Member

9. tackleburger

tackleburger New Member

Replace like for like what's the problem?