What size boiler?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Annypoos, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Annypoos

Annypoos New Member

I want to have central heating installed in my home, and am in the process of buying all the various components, then i will get a friend (gas safe) to install it.
    My question is, what size boiler should i be looking at for a 3 bed semi? and should i get a combi? or a condensing boiler? all the radiators i have bought are doubles, if this makes a difference, any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. midlands heating

midlands heating New Member

To many variables to give definative answer but a 30KW plus combi will do the job easily.
    Combi or not depends on your hot water requirement !!
    more than 1 bathroom and forget combi !!

3. G Brown

G Brown New Member

No one can possibly advise yuo without a lot more information. I suggest you speak to your "friend

4. EXPERTGASMAN

EXPERTGASMAN New Member

I just am amazed at the number of friends who are happy to fit heating etc, but aren't able to work out a purchasing list! :);)

5. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

If your "friend" really is GASSAFE he should be able to buy at MUCH better prices than you too!

6. tackleburger

tackleburger New Member

I doubt it leaky. You checked internet prices against merchants recently I saved £300 on a big boiler the other day went to three merchants played them off each other ended up ordering on the net. The only problem with it is you need a big credit card.

7. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

It's true on big ticket items like boilers but all the little bits should be priced well if your merchant is any good....'course most merchants these days are dead from the neck up!

8. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

you're spot on there cap'n, all the big merchs are bothered about is revenue and monthly figures,