Seized engine

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Buster.Gonad, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Joelp1

Joelp1 New Member

***, OPs had a particular unfortunate stroke of luck and all he's getting is a thread of cnuts with smart replies!

He took a gamble that it was nowt important, and unfortunately it didnt work out well. My stop light came on a few months ago and i drove it for weeks without major drama.

Sympathies to OP, at least transit engines arent as steep as vivaro ones!

2. getalifeyoulot

getalifeyoulot New Member

*** Mr Silly Boy drives a Ford Ha HA ha Ha ha.

BTW WYSYFH

3. ThreadJacker

ThreadJacker Active Member

Sorry to hear of your bad luck, these things happen unfortunaly without warning. :(

Or do they....:)

4. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Screwfix Select

Well, on a similar subject, I had top change the alternator belt on me combo,tried to get the bolt slackened off on the bracket, ratchet slipped, knocked against the sump and promptyl put a hole in the side of the rusty sump!

£200.00 lighter now

5. fooman

fooman New Member

6. pcelectrics

pcelectrics New Member

It's almost certainly knackered beyond economical repair.

If you check out the ads section of your local Auto Trader you'll find ads for places that do 2nd hand engines.

A mates 17yr daughter just siezed her engine when she kept driving after the oil light came on. When I were a lad, I was taught in my driving lessons about stopping immediately (or as quick as it's safe to) if any red lights come on. Guess they don't teach this kind of stuff anymore, huh? Think of the lights like trafic lights - red for stop, amber for warning.

7. cliffy brown

cliffy brown New Member

W reg larry? 'kin rustbucket

8. Did you know, the engine mountings of a W reg transit are in exactly the same position as the Bugatti Veyron engine. It's a simple swop. I did it on my transit and now my 0-60 times have improved dramatically.

Glad I could help

9. Joelp1

Joelp1 New Member

ive often thought about whipping an audi v8 with the 4wd under a van.

Y'know, for getting from tob to job quickly, innit.

Maybe a bit easier would be a volvo t6 into the back.