1st fix cables for sound system.

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by losinit, Sep 26, 2010.

1. losinit

losinit New Member

I,m looking for some guidance on what speaker cables to run back to the amp in a restaurant comprising 4 rooms.Some of the cable runs will be about 20m.Thanx for any advice.
    LI

2. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

2.5mm 2core flex.

3. Badger001

Badger001 New Member

4. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

Never mind all that Cheap Tat!

This is what ya want! ;)

5. edward current

edward current Active Member

good old dave jackson.........

6. edward current

7. edward current

8. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

Looks like a big leather Sofa that, not a cable! :^O

9. larnacaman

larnacaman New Member

Go check out What Hi Hi / Home Cinema mags, they have a range of tested and recommended cables on there data pages.... From expensive to budget ranges....

10. lowflyer

lowflyer New Member

Badgers rec. is sufficient for your needs, both performance/price for a restaurant.

11. Badger001

Badger001 New Member

to be fair the speaker cable i got that is oxygen free is quite a large conductor id say it was the equivelent to 1 mm flex core size, and to be fair my sound system came with that cheapy crappy stuff from factory it ran alright but the oxygen free cable definitely made a difference

12. J.P.

J.P. New Member

Not being funny or owt..but will the customers be able to differentiate between O2 free cable and ordinary 1.5mm two core flex?..I suspect not. Busy restaurant, noise and stuff..who the hecks going to hear frequency cutoffs (if in fact it does happen) due to the use of ordinary two core flex. And to boot it wont be classical music being played it will be general stuff. Not so sure that these O2 free cables warrant the cost TBQH..would be more interested in meaty CSA's.

Don't forget if the Bi Wire is operational (if in fact the speakers/amp has this) then maybe more cores per speaker?.