Router servicing

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by dunc dunc, Oct 22, 2010.

1. dunc dunc

dunc dunc New Member

My De Walt 625EK is in trouble and needs a service.

Can anyone reccomend a good trader in north london, who deals in servicing?

ie someone running an efficient operation.

2. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

How old is it? In my experience on every occasion that I have had something repaired with the exception of my Elu chopsaw I wished I had just bought another. Often they come back with the original fault repaired but other glitches due to them being taken to bits.

3. dunc dunc

dunc dunc New Member

That's useful to know. Somehow it can end up costing more than a new one.

Actually I rang a few places and they all expect to charge around 50 to basically give it a standard brush change and general look over.

I have changed the brushes myself and it is working again. But I probably will go for a renewal as and when needed.

4. -chippy_john

-chippy_john New Member

Are Thomas Brothers near to the Archway still going?

I bought my first Makita stuff in there in 1970, they must surely do servicing.

.......just remembered, B&D had a service centre almost opposite, used to take knackered stuff in and they changed it for virtually new for the cost of repair.

5. paulo333

paulo333 Member

Hi Dunc,

I have had Bosch drills, a router and a jigsaw all repaired/serviced by these guys and they are all still going strong. You could check their prices:

Paul & David Tool Repair
    253, Chase Cross Road
    Collier Row, Romford
    RM5 3XS
    Tel: 01708 761 007

6. dunc dunc

dunc dunc New Member

Thanks Paulo. I needed to know of a reliable outfit that others have used. So I will check them out.

there's nothing worse than getting your kit tied up by someone 'having a look at it'.