Burglar Alarm Melcom ST5000

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by raymor, Oct 30, 2010.

1. raymor

raymor Member

Probably one for JP. He seems to have knowledge across many subjects.

About to replace my alarm box with above, 5 zones plus extra 3 add-on if required. What puzzles me is they don't show any zone as being the designated 'Timed Exit/Entry. They indicate a zone for the door magnetic contacts and my intention was to put these in series but keep the final exit zone which is door contacts separate.

Your comments would be appreciated.

2. fooman

fooman New Member

Probably one for JP. He seems to have knowledge
    across many subjects.

:^O

3. raymor

raymor Member

Hi Fooman
    Thanks for your prompt acknowledgement.

I'm not a proud man!!!, any help from anyone out there would be appreciated.

kind regards

4. oliver1234

oliver1234 New Member

I'm not familiar with this panel but many panels don't have a designated entry/eit zone, they just have zones which you configure to do watever you want within the programming.

If you can send me a link to the electronic version of the programming manual I'll have a look at it and get back to you later today.

Your plan to keep the E/E door on a seperate zone from the other doors is the correct way to do it so stick with that plan!

5. raymor

raymor Member

Hi Oliver,
    Thankyou for your response. I appear unable to provide thread relating to this panel. All I am able to provide is supplyer details.
    Although 5 zones listed plus optional 3 extra zones add-on I can only find reference to Z1 to 4, normally closed positive, fully programmable zone loops'.

www.lynteck.co.uk

Again thanks for your interest.

6. larnacaman

larnacaman New Member

Oliver is correct, B/alarm systems don't normally have a designated E/E zone. The whole system/panel is on the user programmed timed E/E period.

7. oliver1234

oliver1234 New Member

Which zone do they suggest that you connect the final exit door to in the manual. Sounds to me like you have four programmable zones and one which is fixed, this could either be a tamper, personal attack, fire or final exit zone.