Knee Hurts UPDATE!

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by palavaman, Oct 30, 2010.

1. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

Got a letter today from my GP. He had requested that I go for an MRI scan.
    Letter says ''Your recent MRI scan shows you've got a torn cartilage. I'd have to refer you to an Orthopeadic colleaque. Pls get in touch if you want me to follow up this course of action?

What? That's my plumbing days over then:(
    you spend over £26K on a Mickie Mouse course, then just when you think you're in a position to earn some money, your GP says it's all over:(

this is not looking good! What on earth is a torn cartillage???

2. wetnec

wetnec New Member

cartillage???

You put them in a 12bore and shoot at clay pigeons. :^O :^O

3. midlands heating

midlands heating New Member

not the normal "plumbers" knee problem then water (fluid) on the knee (house maids as it used to be called)
    caused by us on our knees a lot of the time. more you weigh bigger the problem. Just what kneepads are good for LOL.
    Dr. MH

Hope its not as bad as it sounds M8

BTW wetnec love your exlanation for cartilidge LMAO

4. Torn cartlidge is what it says - the pad in your knee between the bones has a tear un it, probably painful, and you may find your leg locking up - painful.

The op is simple keyhole stuff. They go in and cut the offending bit away, probably an over night stay, a few weeks of rest and back to work.

Make sure that you use knee pads and hey presto years of working left in you.

5. farmacist

farmacist New Member

May not be that bad, depends to some extent upon your age. If the knee needs an op, should be keyhole these days. Keep remainding them that you are self employed ( if you are) and that it is important not be be off work for too long, and you should get a treatment that reflects this. Drs are used to seeing doleits that they will probably try that bit harder.

May be worth getting some glucosamine 1500mg, can help cartalage thickness and synovial fluid viscosity and therefore joint spacing.

6. palavaman

Thanks people.
    Rang GP 2day from work (couldn't afford to take time off and visit).

He advised that I had it seen to,so I said yes,Plz.

He says I'll hear from them as he is forwarding the scan to them. I'll remember to ''bang the drum'' regarding the self employed issue. It might just get me seen to pronto.

BTW, I have some pigeons in my back garden. I'll follow wetnecks advice and shoot them. That should please Ken livingstone

7. Stuart Jnr

Stuart Jnr New Member

The torn cartilage bit has been described pretty accurately, but my advice is not to rush into having key hole surgery!
    I’ve had it on both my knees, and the teat in my knee was beyond repair - They would have had to remove 80% of the cartilage -
    In short, Physiotherapy works and you won’t have to be off work for about 3 weeks!

8. palavaman

Ok Stuart, will investigate the Physio bit!
    For now, I'll wait for the Orthopeadic guys to get in touch, then take it from there?

9. microBore

microBore New Member

One of the most important tools on my van are my kneeling mats, we where told that at college in the first few weeks, all the young lads didn't take any notice but i did and am grateful to the tutor for passing the tip on.

10. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Snickers with knee pads! :)

11. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

essential every day work wear knee pads, if you forget them make a kneeling pad from pipe lagging (now where i have seen that). palavamon you've only been at it 5 minutes and your knees bluggered, what you gonna be like after 30 odd years ? pull your self together man. your a plumber not a baby, tough it out, no pain no gain

12. wet feet

wet feet New Member

Snickers are the only way to go

13. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

14. biasqinc

biasqinc Member

Did you really spend 26k on a course? Surely not!! Sorry to hear about the knee, mine gives me gip from time to time, I just tough it out, we're all wearing out.

15. palavaman

to tell you the truth, it could be more?
    i cant remember the exact figure, but they just kept asking for more?

-come do C&G L2 with us, and you'll be a Master Plumber earning sheet loads of money, at least 60K pa.
    -come do C&G L3 wiv us and earn over 100K pa.
    -come do ASC wiv us and earn over 150K installing and servicing boilers
    -come do unvented wiv us and only a handfull of you will be able to install and certify work. earn more too
    -come do Water Regs wiv us and you'll have your installs done within the Regs
    -come do part P wiv us and wire showers, boilers, etc and self certify your work. Pay no Sparks
    -come do etc etc etc the list goes on

and like the coward i am, i kept throwing money at them till i lost count.

I'll take toms' advice and toughen (tuffen) up. no pain no gain. Must buy snickers. MUST

16. palavaman

BTW, if only i had taken DickiePullings advice, i'd be at Asda now earning a steady wage and not bothering about no busted knee:(

I hear they're recruiting for Xmas staff? would like to apply, but cant.

17. wetnec

wetnec New Member

to apply, but cant.

Get over it......yer big Girls blouse. :^O

18. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

this guy's knee's never hurt, you can learn a lot from him, now stop moaning and get on ,
    p.s admin watch it first and if you don't cry delete it then

[Edited by: admin]

19. wetnec

wetnec New Member

[Edited by: admin]

Seen it Tom....very inspiring.

20. palavaman

Can't see nofink tom?
    Is this an immaginary vid???

Red neck where is the blouse?