any know if

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by microBore, Nov 2, 2010.

1. microBore

microBore New Member

Has anybody come across a programmable room stat, that has a calendar function?
    We have a client who goes away on holiday quite a bit, and they turn the heating off while they are away, but when they get back (in the winter), the house is so cold that it takes a couple of days to warm up. But they don't want to leave the boiler on as normal while they are away, what they would like is to be able to set it so it comes on two days before they get back, so the house is warm when they get home.

2. Badges

Badges New Member

Not come across anything like that yet, sorry. He's a braver man than I am, I hope he's got alternative frost protection. After the last 2 winters we've had someone would have to be insane to go away at this time of year and turn the boiler off. Why doesn't he just set the thermostat low at, say, 8 to 10 degC? Although for the relatively low cost of gas (compared to burst pipes) I would prefer the peace of mind.
    John

3. microBore

microBore New Member

Hi John, sorry should just clarify that they don't actually turn the boiler off, they do set the stat down to frost protection. Like you say with the last winter we had, all you would need after coming home is to find out you had had a burst!

4. the1jock

the1jock Member

5. oliver1234

oliver1234 New Member

There is also a programmer that you can turn on remotely via text message I believe.

6. microBore

microBore New Member

Thanks guys for the replies. Posted this this morning before I started looking, anyway we normally fit the Danfoss TP5000, and looking on the website, the TP7000 has just the function they need. Cheers again for the links.

7. microBore

microBore New Member

Just thinking again, I remember going on a Honeywell product training day a few years ago, and they where bringing out a product that you could ring up on your way home and set over the phone! Anyone ever fitted one? just curious.

8. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

...they are called "neighbours" :)