I supposed this is aimed at the gas safe plumbers.

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Captain Chaos, Nov 5, 2010.

1. chris@vietec.com

chris@vietec.com New Member

if you give advice you should hold Professional Indemnity Insurance, do you hold this walter, if not you can be sued if someone takes your advice and it goes **** up.

Advice from the IDHEE without PII you must refrain from giving advice, as best intentions may be misinterpreted by the un-qualified.

2. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

Even if you do not charge, or do not normally do gas
    work, if your business area carries out such work in
    general then you are deemed to be doing it as part of
    your business. You cannot declare yourself
    "non-professional" for the weekend to do work for
    mates.

Tripe!!! A competent man can do a job for free for a friend.

Im-walked, once again you are clearly an idiot.

Competence is what to do. <u>The result</u>. Competence is NOT a piece of paper.

This you find difficult to understand which naturally we expect.

3. imran_

imran_ New Member

Dickwad - if you do it as part of your business - whether paid or not - you need to be certified.

Now Walter, as long as you agree you are not a professional in an industry that carries out gas work then you are OK.

So Walter - do you work in the industry or NOT......

Remember - reading boiler brochures does not make you a professional......

4. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

Now Walter, as long as you agree you are not a
    professional in an industry that carries out gas work
    then you are OK.

I am a professional OK. I run rings around you. Which is not difficult at all.

5. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Walter work? the guy/ gal wouldn't know how!

6. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

It is clear you do not understand the law.

1. You must be COMPETENT to install gas equipment.

2. If you do it for GAIN, you must also be GasSafe registered.

It is very simple.

Points 1 and 2 above. Both are applicable when doing the work for gain.
    Only No. 1, applies if NOT doing it for gain. That means you can do it for anyone, not just yourself.

You can be No. 2 above and not No. 1 and then are foul of the law. Now you have it.

The above is simple and clear. No more posts about what is or is not competent please. Competence is what you DO. The result.

7. chris@vietec.com

So Walter from your reply we can deduce that you are not Gas Safe and as you say a DIYer only has to prove he is competent, and can install for freinds, so by this been your reply, you are not a proffessional, you are not an RGI and obviously do not hold any qualifications, why would you install for free, thats not a business, so you must be a dafty DIYer

8. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

So Walter from your reply we can deduce that you are
    not Gas Safe

Why should I be GasSafe as I am the most competent person in the world.

You are a clear idiot.

9. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Well daft at least.

I'm not sure Walter would be capable of any meaningful DIY judging by the drivel he posts. :)

10. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

I'm not sure Walter would be

Keep mixing the grout! That is all you are fit for.

11. chris@vietec.com

"Why should I be GasSafe as I am the most competent person in the world".

So you are a DIYer

Can Screwfix please ban this idiot, I believe Screwfix could be putting their neck on the line with someone like Water System giving advice on boilers when he is not Gas Safe Registered and not been a proffessional would not hold Proffessional Indemnity Insurance.

12. imran_

imran_ New Member

Ha ha. Walter, by his own definition, has determined he is not a professional in this industry. He is a DIYer.

LMFAO

Come back Walter when people are prepared to PAY you for your work, rather than relying on you because they don't know anyone else in the home.

13. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

[b[Will SCrewfix ban this idiot Chis whoever his anem is.

His is a total fool, adding no value and is only interested in personal insults. A waste of space.

He is so THICK he does not know that design engineers do not need to be GasSafe, as we do not swing on the tolls. We tell them what to do.

14. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

Im-Walked, you are on the tools. I do not lower myself to that level. I tell them what to do. :)

15. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

Walter you really need to get some practical experience because it's obvious to us proper plumbers that you've never been on a big job.

16. thicko123

thicko123 New Member

waterthingy,how do you post a url but only have one word? i.e try this,link etc

17. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

18. chris@vietec.com

Design Engineer, don't make me laugh, after the question you asked about 22mm lockshield v Ball valves you don't have a clue, there is no way a proper qualified design engineer would need to ask that question, but even if they did, they would not do it on a DIY forum, so I think you are telling Porkies.

19. imran_

imran_ New Member

We all know Walter lives in a fantasy world, dreamed up to relieve the boredom of the four walls of his "secure home". Unfortunately Walter isn't allowed out without a carer and so has to spend his time pretending to be Einstein on the few forums he isn't banned from.

Sad, so sad