22mm extension

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by john1974, Nov 8, 2010.

1. john1974

john1974 New Member

I have a customer who wants rid of the 15mm drops to each radiator and replace it with one drop to underfloor and pipe from then. Can this replacement drop be done in 15 mm or do i need to extend the 22mm loop from upstairs, bring it down and tee off that for each rad. Thanks

2. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

You have to be more clearer.

3. john1974

john1974 New Member

the current system has 3 rads downstairs each with pipes dropped from a 22mm loop underfloor upstairs. She wants rid if all the pipes and i was enquiring if she can get rid of all 15mm drops apart from one set and feed all 3 rads from that one drop or if i need to extend the 22mm loop that is upstairs and bring that down in a loop, taking 15mm branches from the new loop to each rad downstairs. Sorry if i am not clear

4. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Hmmmm probably one drop in 22mm branching off in 15mm but I would not want to do it, you could well be making a rod for your own back.

5. john1974

john1974 New Member

thats what i was thinking, dont want to do it all and find out it doesn't throw out the same heat. Its practically putting in a new heating syatem minus the boiler

6. doing a bit

doing a bit New Member

i would say a max of 3 rads for a 15mm pipe, what size are the rads ?

7. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

You have to be more clearer.

It's either 'More Clear' or 'Clearer', not 'More Clearer'! :^O

Ferkin foreigners!

8. john1974

john1974 New Member

i think it was two 1200's and one 900. The 1200's would have been about 4 meters from the drop and the 900 is probably about a 10meter run from drop.

9. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

It does not make much difference with Walter.

He only spouts gobbledegook any way!

10. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

You will probably find once you give her the price she will happily live with the drops for evermore, don't waste too much time on it ;)

11. doing a bit

doing a bit New Member

ideally have the dropper closer to the 900 rad if poss as its 10m from your intended route

12. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Seriously though, give her a price, I usually find when you do the dropped pipes suddenly become very attractive bits of architecture which they want to love and cherish ;)

13. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

thats what i was thinking, dont want to do it all and
    find out it doesn't throw out the same heat. Its
    practically putting in a new heating syatem minus the
    boiler

You may have come up with the answer and never knew it.

How about putting in a new boiler on the ground floor and eliminate the drops altogether. It could be a combi and have it do a second bathroom, if there are two.

If a system boiler, size it up and it is then on a separate time clock.

14. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Why not fit a nuclear power station in her shed as well ? :O

15. john1974

john1974 New Member

what kind of price would u quote catn, first time i has to do this, normally full syatem and boiler

16. john1974

john1974 New Member

sorry, system

17. imran_

imran_ New Member

How about putting in a new boiler on the ground floor and eliminate the drops altogether. It could be a combi and have it do a second bathroom, if there are two.

Yes, let's move the boiler, add another bathroom, and install a * over-sized boiler. Then Walter will be happy.

If your house cannot manage 2 over-sized combis then just stay away. *

[Edited by: admin]

18. G Brown

G Brown New Member

I agree with the Cap 'n put a price in and see how badly they want the pipes removing!

19. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

Why not fit a nuclear power station in her shed as
    well ? :O

You bathroom changers haven't a clue. Keep mixing the grout.

20. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

I was just trying to pre-empt your usual drivel Walter!