GlowWorm CXi bludy filling tap...

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Fada Mach, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Fada Mach

Fada Mach New Member

Got a new one of them - loop filling tap - and bish/bosh it was fitted in 2 minutes. Until I looked a bit closer...

The spring clip wot slips in from the side to hold the tap in place just WON'T go in FRONT of the 'flange' (the raised rim on the tap spigot) but insists on slipping behind there on the 'O' ring side. Hence, it ain't holding the fitting in place.

The one holding the filling loop pipe on to the new tap fits ok. It's the one that connects the new tap to the filter block/inlet assembly that's a complete b'st'rd, not helped by the awkward access (for big hands...)

I've tried pushing the tap in as hard as possible so's the O' ring is squished, but the clip still slips in on the wrong side.

HELP PLEASE!!!

Hints! Advice!

Ta much.

2. Fada Mach

Fada Mach New Member

Ok, ok, ok...

Why did it just go 'click' and very easily fit into place after an hour of * and blinding...? :(

[Edited by: admin]

3. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

More haste less speed, there is a knack to the DA ;)

4. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

how many filling taps have you had now fada ?, when i fit boilers i always add a filling loop, those internal ones take forever to fill, and i usually flush from the loop too so them internal ones would't pack the same punch ;)

5. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Thomas is right DA, get a plumber in ........;)

6. Fada Mach

Fada Mach New Member

You're all a bunch of *

7. Fada Mach

Fada Mach New Member

Oh, and Tom - chust the one...

Thanks for the part number many moons ago - but I wasn't after the hydrobloc or whatever * part it the number linked to ;)

Anyways, got a tap - with brass spindle - for £6.50 on fleabay.

Satisfies the Scot in me no end.

(Oooh-er, missus.)

8. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

aw reet, glad to see you poppin in once in a while,