JCB power tools

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by sabres, Nov 27, 2003.

1. sabres

sabres New Member

Has anyone experience of this brand of power tool. Argos have 25% off at the present.

2. kittblack

kittblack New Member

OH GOD! Go and buy BLUE BOSCH

3. WOLF

WOLF New Member

blue, no thanks, try real tuff tools, REAL YELLOW ONES DEWALT, or of course the new(as of yet available) WH hitachi range

4. Charlie Far!ey

Charlie Far!ey New Member

Trust me when I tell you sabres - They should never have had the 25% on in the first place. They are very useful for weighing down sacks full of kittens intended for the river - No other use - Do not confuse the quality with Joe Barfords yellow perils they are great diggers but the JCB logo on these christmas cracker surprises is a smirch on the great mans name.

If you do fall foul and someone hates you enough to buy one as a Christmas prezzie do not be seen in public or else get used to people dancing around you pointing their fingers and laughing uncontrollably chanting 'Sissy! Sissy!

:^O

5. kesh

kesh New Member

O.K. these tools are made in china to a slightly higher spec than "ferm" or "challenge" (I would class them as comparable quality to B&D). If you only need occasional use then go for it. If you need something for every day - always on then dig deep in your pockets for a Dewalt/Makita etc. Incidentally my hammer drill broke during a job recently. I popped round to the local hardware store & got a 650W keyless chuck "Einhell" for &20 It's OK for the short term & got me out of a fix - anybody else tried them.

6. Charlie Far!ey

No kesh - You're the only one.

<u>UK Sales Statistics Einhell Tools (y/e Nov 2003)</u>

Sales Vol----Sales Value----Desc
    .....1...................£20...............Drill - 650W keyless chuck

7. kesh

kesh New Member

lol, Charley

8. Thermo

Thermo New Member

Err barge and pole spring to mind

9. Dr Who

Dr Who New Member

Bought a JCB 4.5inch angle grinder a few months ago. It was a rush buy as I had to cut and grind a cast iron soil pipe leading to my main sewer pipe - With a wife and 3 kids having the toilet out of action for any length of time is not practical and the 'hacksaw' just wasn't up to the job!! LOL! ;)

The first one from Argos was stone cold dead and had to be replaced. The second one has been operating correctly, it cut and ground my pipe like a dream and I have used it to cut bolts down to size since.

I think that the 'discounted' price I paid was acceptable due to the fact that it is not going to be used that often.

Dr Who

P.S. I have taken all your comments aboard and will not lend this JCB grinder to my neighbours in fear of ridicule and am considering painting the yellow blue!!

10. Sparkyman

Sparkyman New Member

'Fraid I also bought an Einhell...a jigsaw to be exact, the first one went back right away (wouldn't cut straight) so I uprated to the 'professional' jigsaw for an extra £5 (honest)no problems since but in saying that I have only used it about twice! ..

11. graybags

graybags New Member

Dewalt...nah....Dewally more like, not been the same since B&D took them over. Makita or Bosch every time

12. kittblack

kittblack New Member

I agree with graybags, Dewalt are a load of .... nowdays, won't touch them since I was shown the huge pile of faulty units a my local tool wholesaler; I had gone in to replace my ageing ELU mitre saw....with a Dewalt unit!! Bought Electra Bekum instead (made by Makita). Would always buy Bosch or Makita or even Ryobi. Ryobi tools are very reliable and tough and best of all cost a lot less than Bosch or Makita etc.

13. WOLF

WOLF New Member

graybags, you will find that the parent company in the USA is actually DEWALT, and the sub-contarctor/importer for here is B&D... and there are quite a few sub standard dewalts being sold(through proper dealers sometimes with out them knowing...ahem!!) that are not actually dewalts... check to see if the reg/guarrantee form is with it..... if not don't touch it...

14. jj

jj New Member

A "friend" of mine bought the JCB SDS drill and it burnt out within the first 15 minutes of use !! took it back and got a refund - then put the money towards a decent one..

15. bodget&scarpers

bodget&scarpers New Member

jcb, just cheap b**locks.

16. Tired-old-git

Tired-old-git New Member

lets face it jcb if you had a company selling world class diggers ect would you put your name to a load of ***** power tools made in china john bamford shame on you
    or is he dead? whatever there ***** as all yellow tools are buy bosch proper tools design and built buy nazis for professionals

17. Charlie Far!ey

You crumpet! It's Joe Barford and I agree he would turn in his grave Yes! he's well and truly dead

18. WOLF

WOLF New Member

i could have sworn it was BAMFORD......for the little yellow power shovel thingys.... well i may be wrong...but it said bamford on our old one!!??!!??...i'm confused...

19. kesh

kesh New Member

Here's the details:-

http://www.jcb.co.uk/(jfl1pi45uy2iaj55hqpuzlm1)/home/index.aspx?usercountryid=1&langid=eng

20. WOLF

WOLF New Member

i could have sworn it was BAMFORD......for the little yellow power shovel thingys.... well i may be wrong...but it said bamford on our old one!!??!!??...i'm confused...