1" pegler float valve

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Mickvgma, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Pollowick

Pollowick Well-Known Member

If the seat replacement is not an option in the end, just get a replacement 1" - the cost of a smaller one, plus adapter, hassle of changing everything ... will not be far short of a new 1" even at £60 for a Pegler.

2. Mickvgma

Mickvgma New Member

Thanks pollowick.
    Ive been in touch with pegler, i know we all love screwfix but its possible tbe seal ive fitted isnt correct so cudos to pegler very helpful and again it could be something simple cheers guys i will keep you all up dated

3. Pollowick

Pollowick Well-Known Member

I have had to speak with Pegler a few times - always very helpful.

Mickvgma likes this.
  4. Heat

Heat Well-Known Member

On most ballvalves when you remove the tail part then the seating (nozzle) goes in there. The flat washer that seals the tail to the valve actually seals to the flat large end of seal.
    The seating just pushes against a brass shoulder and nothing else holds it.

5. xednim

xednim Active Member

looks like this white gadget on the middle, if after replacing rubber seal still drips narrow end of this funnel will have a chip on the edge, it has no thread on it, you need to remove brass lever of the valve if I do remember and you will be able to pull it out (as long as you will find replacement part) part.JPG

6. xednim

xednim Active Member

call this number : 0207 221 3550 they might be able to help with the part (Edwins)

7. Heat

Heat Well-Known Member

You need to remove the main body of the valve from the threaded tail to remove the seat (nozzle)