100 years yesterday

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by tom.plum, Jul 15, 2012.

1. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

that ruined the world forever, things will never be the same and can only get worse, and who started it,

emily (wont stay in my place) pancake,

2. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Apparently they are allowed to drive automobiles as well....... :(

3. Littlehamptonchap

Littlehamptonchap New Member

They make brilliant prime ministers though cos they have the common sense to kill lazy miners that dont make money, and blow up cruisers full of unwelcome dagos.

Halcyon daze.

4. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

but s'pose you where a non lazy miner who wanted to work hard down a pit, and along came this iron wimmin who was hell bent on closing your workplace, then buying coal from the dago's that survived the sinking cruiser ?

5. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

and cap't, they are allowed to drive, but never reach the standard to compete with men at any motor sports,

6. Littlehamptonchap

Littlehamptonchap New Member

and cooking.

7. G Brown

G Brown New Member

and ironing.....although DA pretends he is a liberated male who loves ironing...oh the irony.

8. MrGrimNasty

MrGrimNasty New Member

What is the point of ironing? Anything you wear is either covered up or the creases fall out after 5 minutes on. Other stuff like sheets get wrinkled after 2 seconds anyway. The only thing I ever iron is my black silk tie before a funeral, and that's only to kill the moths.

9. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Hmmmm just wondering if you iron your wallet  as well

10. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

mr grim let me educate you in , the reason for ironing,
    way back in the 1800's the british army in India were suffering from serious infections to their legs, after long investigations it was found that the infections were caused by mites in the water that the soilders were marching through, laying eggs in the solders trousers, when the eggs hatched the baby mites bore into the soldiers legs and caused these infections,  the answer was to iron the trousers and kill the mites eggs, having done this and found the solders were not only more healthy, but smarter as well, they carried on with it, bugs or no,

11. MrGrimNasty

MrGrimNasty New Member

I've never been to India, caught some frightful diseases delving in African bush though. The Tumbu Fly is particularly delightful.

12. Pffftftf, Mr Grim. I'll have you know that my bed sheets remain completely unwrinkled for weeks...