100mm underground soil vent pipe and fitiings.

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Captain Chaos, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos Member

Do underground soil pipes and fittings have to be the push fit/ ring seal or can you use solvent weld for underground soil. I have seen Polypipe do brown 110mm solvent weld but it doesn't come under the 'underground' section of their catalogue. I would prefer to solvent weld for underground pipe but i am sure there is a case for expansion and therefor push fit type is the right one to use.

2.  ASBOhoodie

ASBOhoodie New Member

forget s/weld..use push connections/fittings

3. plummit

plummit New Member

Hello TM,
    I have had limited experience of below ground drainage, but in my humble opinion expansion joints are not requried.
    In the olden days clay pipes were sealed and only failed due to subsidance.

4. Harry_Davison

Harry_Davison New Member

use pushfit connections/fittings ,make sure spigot ends are well chamferred too slide into fittings
    as said :)

5. Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos Member

After you go to overground stuff does the solvent weld fit into the pushfit or is it like 40mm waste pipe where push fit and solvent weld don't mix?

6. hibeealex

hibeealex Member

TM as stated when you asked on your original post
    solvent weld or ring seal can be used underground, though underground solvent weld is mostly used on pumped sewage systems as it can withstand higher pressure,I would suggest you are best going with ring seal as when testing there is a bit of leeway with ring seal ie joints can be made and broken easily if required

hibeealex