101mph?

Discussion in 'Car and Van Talk' started by Gazowl1975, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Gazowl1975

Gazowl1975 Member

Been caught doing the above on M1 in van what will I be looking at anyone any first hand experience of doing similar ? Been a **** I know butvwas having a **** day and just drove like a idiot for a few minutes at a daft speed... Thanks lads

2. Timbo66

Timbo66 Active Member

3. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

Hopefully points and a fine if it is your first offence I reckon.

4. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

5. spannerw

spannerw Active Member

I understood anything over 3 figures is an instant ban when you go to court, sorry.
    When I got caught doing 127 on my motorbike many years ago I was told judge cant issue a ban and a fine, its one or the other.

6. Astramax

Astramax Screwfix Select

Automatic ban and re take driving test.

7. dobbie

dobbie Screwfix Select

Tell the judge you were in a hurry to carry out all the plumbing jobs you asked how to do on the screwfix forum, before you forgot how do do them.
    I am sure he will understand.

8. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

It is at the discretion of the court as to whether a ban is automatic although the default is a ban over 100 mph. If you were clocked at 101, just over the trigger, I think you would have a good chance of avoiding a ban if you can argue mitigation; for example that you need your licence for your job especially in these times. If you are banned, and I think it is unlikely, it may well be "only" for a very limited period.

Good luck.