105e replace or repair

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by bronksy, Jan 28, 2009.

1. bronksy

bronksy New Member

HI i have a Baxi 105e instant combi at home. I am a plumber but not corgi so need some advice please.

Over the past year i have replaced a couple of parts normal consumable bits AAV, PRV recharched expansion vesstle etc. But i have a couple of other issues with it and after seeing comments on previous posts about it being a shed. i am wondering weather to just replace the thing.

The plastic assembly above the diverter valve (i assume this is the DHW priority micro switch) has water dripping from it and was arching and smelt of Ozone, it also caused the 2amp fuse on the PCB to blow. Also the pipe to the pressure gauge has begun leaking i guess this is due to metal fatigue from my opening and closing.

Am i flogging a dead horse or is this worth fixing.

2. smithp60

smithp60 New Member

Bite the bullet mate, replace with a HE and help save the planet!!!

P.S. Get a "B SEDBUK" rated boiler, loads cheaper and just as good as an "A" rated.

3. bronksy

bronksy New Member

What make would you reccomend as all I hear is worcester or glowworm (admittedly from one person and a *** at that) would be good to hear some recommendations from those who know

4. rome60

rome60 New Member

Most well known boilers are a close run with each other & are good boilers.I myself have installed lots of Baxi 105s & found them to be a good boiler with no major problems.The Baxi HE regular boiler was"nt very good i installed 3 a few years ago when they first came on the market & they used to have a lot of problems.Having said that the new modern boilers can have problems due to more components & electronics in them.For the past 5 years i have been installing Alpha boilers & find them a very good boiler.(My opinion).;)

5. ns1873

ns1873 New Member

The 105e isnt a bad boiler at all and its very easy to repair. The fact that youve had no major probs over the years and its small run of the mill faults that happen on every combi says to me it seems to be going well. i wouldnt get somebody to do it as a homer, i'd recommend getting a recognised company in to get the leaks sorted, that way you'll have some sort of guarantee.