10mm copper pushfit. On-line Retailers?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by ShabbaPlanks, Jul 9, 2006.

1. ShabbaPlanks

ShabbaPlanks Member

Does anyone have suggestions as to where I may purchase 10mm copper pushfit fitting suitable for CH. An on-line retailer would be best for me. I would like to connect/exchange a few new rads in the home and thought these might save me some time.
    I dont fancy learning to solder to a standard I would be happy with, and commpression fittings are possibly a little to bulky for the trunking I intend to use. As are the JG type speedfit.
    Any reason I should avoid these fittings/ experiences with them, and suggestions as to where I might purchase are appreciated.
    Thanks for your time
    Evan

2. goody_1000

goody_1000 New Member

I dont htink you can get 10mm push fit. Never seen it anyway.

Wouldn't use it though, if it does excist. I don't like pushfit. I have visions of popping pipes after six weeks.

Aaron.

3. mj

mj Guest

10mm pushfit is readiuly available, but it wont be smaller than 10mm compression fittings!

4. ShabbaPlanks

ShabbaPlanks Member

Cheers folks
    I found this range from Yorkshire Fitting
    http://www.yorkshirefittings.co.uk/databooks/tectite.pdf

But they have no Tectite retailers listed in Wales. So far all of the plumbing merchants in my area Cardiff, that I have visited dont stock copper pushfit or plan to.

Thanks for pointing out the size MJ, I had just presumed they would be smaller. Still it will save me ******* about in tight corners or having to worry about weeping.

I was hoping to find an on-line retailer. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time

5. goody_1000

goody_1000 New Member

In all honesty mate i think you should have a bash at soldering, it's so easy with microbore. A bit of practice in the back yard mate. no probs :)

Aaron.

6. ShabbaPlanks

ShabbaPlanks Member

Thanks goody
    I can solder, just about....but it does not suit my purposes or the sequence in which I intend to change my rads.
    I have three rads to remove and finish decorating behind/ around. Put new trunking in and connect new rads. I intend to bung tank and vent, remove rads 1 at a time and use pushfit to complete circuit at entry point to room while I decorate and fit truncking, brackets and reflective foil.
    Run new pipes in trunking up to original pipes, for which I have a pipe bender, maybe a few straights if I re-use old pipework. Re-bung, remove pushfit return on circuit, connect new run of pipework. Un-bung, bleed.
    Hopefully sit back with a stella.
    I have heard it is not good to solder wet joints. Flux/ contaminent can buid up in a system due to bad soldering practice, which could be me. I would have to purchase a few items for soldering. Gun, solder, flux, fire proof mat and I dont even want to consider the chance of scorching my lovely new trucking.
    Nor do I wish to drain the system, or possibly have to re-solder bad joints, as I have no means of air pressure testing before refilling the system.
    I wish to complete my task in a day, if not a morning. Were I intending to do more work than this I would take your advice and learn a new skill. I think the cost of fittings is not bad for the time and potential greif it will save me.
    Just need to find an on-line retailer now...

7. ShabbaPlanks

ShabbaPlanks Member

Never mind, found some on ebay. Enough to do the job. Thanks to everyone who replied.

8. doitall

doitall New Member

Will the Severn bore be a foot higher this year :D:D

9. ShabbaPlanks

ShabbaPlanks Member

Have faith.....: ). I dont forsee any problems, but if they occur I will be well prepared. Hopefully