12 inch Ruler.

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Shillingboy, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Shillingboy

Shillingboy New Member

Does anybody know where I can purchase an engraved, painted ruler? I can buy tape measures painted white or yellow, so why can I not get a ruler similar. I have S/Steel ones, Chemiblack ones, plain aluminium printed. But I find them difficult to see in dim conditions, or the paint wears off. Any info appreciated. have already searched the Web and major tool merchants with no success.

2. candoabitofmoststuff

candoabitofmoststuff Screwfix Select

Just to be clear... You said "12 inch" in your thread title... do you mean with inch measurements, or was that a generic reference to a 12inch or 30cm ruler?
    I don't have the answer to your question, but clarifying that point may help someone who does!
    Regards,
    Cando

3. Shytot

Shytot Active Member

I’m not really sure what your after but try TF tools . They do Japanese rulers , perhaps they will have what you need

4. Shillingboy

Shillingboy New Member

Thank you guys for your replies. The ideal ruler length would be 12" (300mm). If I could design my own, one side would have (say) imperial on top edge and metric on bottom edge (nothing new there), but on the reverse, I would have metric at the top and imperial below. This would permit use of the same units at left and right edges, for example when trying to centre something, or measuring in from each end of something.

5. SoManyUserNames

SoManyUserNames Active Member

A 12" ruler! is that a very short King?

6. Shytot

Shytot Active Member

Sexist !

7. SoManyUserNames

SoManyUserNames Active Member

Or Queen but then I know a lot of Queens that are male!!

8. Shillingboy

Shillingboy New Member

Think this is going off on a tangent, but still raises a wry smile. Think we ought to (Lilli)put this to bed :).

9. My local Diy shop do a 12" yellow metal ruler.

10. jimbobby

jimbobby Screwfix Select