150A mig on screwfix

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by pil, Mar 26, 2011.

1. pil

pil New Member

Hoping someone has one of these that can help! I have just bought one of these but does anyone know, before i buy the wrong one, which size spool of wire actually fits inside this machine?? Also, anyone aware of a good regulator to fit the machine when using a large (not disposable) bottle.:-/
    Ta lots

2. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Link to product? Do you mean the cheap nasty Chinese Kende?

3. pil

pil New Member

Thanks for that, as far as im aware its the only 150A mig available on the site! Also i note the feedback for it which is, other than the poor shipping care and the inability of some to weld, quite a good DIY bit of kit for the low price.
    So, in reply to your question, yes, the cheap nasty Chinese Kende.

4. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

I would have thought any wire reel would fit  so long as you stay within spec for thickness.  Machine Mart stock arrange of DIY gas regulators and will also advise you on the wire. Don't go mad buying accessories as these Chinese welders are a bit hit and miss. Good ones seem OK and then you get a batch of bad 'uns.

5. pil

pil New Member

Nice one Hotdog, appreciate that and know from past experience what you mean about the chinese stuff! Have been lucky so far so staying optimistic!!!

6. harley74

harley74 New Member

I think it uses the mini reels!