160 ml Expansion Vessel for Combi Bolier

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Cimes2000, Jul 1, 2008.

  1. Cimes2000

    Cimes2000 New Member

    I'm fitting a Baxi Duotec boiler fitted and the insulation instructions recommend that a Zilmet 160ml, r1/2 15 bar expansion vessel is fitted when there is a water meter feeding the house as is the case here. The plumbers that have quoted so far for the CORGI side of things didn't seem to think that this was necessary and I'm having difficulty finding one in most plumbers’ merchants. Is it a bit of overkill and if not where might I get one from?

    Many thanks,
  2. rome60

    rome60 New Member

    Cimes,Baxi always recommend a pressure vessel on the mains cold water even without a water meter.What you need is a small shock arrester pressure vessel fit it on mains cold near the boiler.You can get one from BES part No 11355, 0800801090 phone No ;)
  3. Cimes2000

    Cimes2000 New Member

    Thanks for the advice. I've got one on order from them now.


Share This Page