16mm meter tails in what size conduit?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Strima, Feb 25, 2012.

1. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Difficult to say for sure without seeing it Strima but I think if I were doing it i'd make every effort to put a 3 core 16mm swa sub-main in  with a switch-fuse at the origin.

2. Strima

Strima New Member

Cheers Seneca.  Never even crossed my mind to stick a switched fuse in, must be the beer taking effect.

3. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

*** Strima , you arn't a practising electrician , are you, I wondered at your first post, but kind as I am I went along , hoover the more I read the more I realise you should not be carrying out this work

4. Strima

Strima New Member

Cheers for the replies all.

Obviously some people on this forum think they are as big and important as thier post count.

5. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

Flippin Blimey JP!

6. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

Ooh ,not really Strima, but seriously though it does sound like you are new to this, reading stuff in a book and then coming on here to see if what you read and your interpratation is correct, but hey that's just my gut feeling, ap[pologies if i got it wrong

7. J.P.

J.P. New Member

8. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

9. J.P.

J.P. New Member

10. J.P.

J.P. New Member

LD ive stuck a topic in the Plumbers Forum with ref to a gas pipe - you and a lot of the people on the forum are pretty flexible - any chance of you or others avving a dekko and commenting? bit stuck on that one tbqh.

11. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

Your "copper pipe" isn't MI cable is it?

12. Strima

Strima New Member

Hadn't even thought of MI cable, I'd have to strip part of the box out to have a look.  I've never worked with MI cable but after a quick google it could be.

13. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

And if it is, it is likey fine in terms of its size ;-)

14. Strima

Strima New Member

Thanks Lectrician, I'll test the cable and hopefully everything will be good.