17th edition update course

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by sysparks, Apr 21, 2010.

1. sysparks

sysparks New Member

Just taken the 3 day course and and passed it 98%! Course was really good, would recommend it (premier training). Well worth doing the 3 day course as you brush up on everthing really, old and new stuff.

2. spark&half

spark&half Active Member

Sod doing the course, just sit the exam and be done with it. Thats what I done, couple of hours off work and bang all done.

;)

3. seemless

seemless New Member

Who insisted this course was compulsory to sit and who paid for it?

4. sysparks

sysparks New Member

I paid £480 for it, was supposed to be compulsary according to the training centre websites. Maybe there is a way round it but still worth doing if you can afford to, to brush up on the regs.

5. spark&half

spark&half Active Member

£120 for the exam and only a few hours of work sounds better to me...

But each to their own.

;)

6. wally2

wally2 New Member

I presume your talking about the full 17th ed bs7671 (the whole book) & not the update, if so you beat me sysparks. Just did mine 2 weeks ago £395 4 days inc exam & I got 96%. As my previous qualification was for the 16th in 1993 it was well out of date & as far as I know it is a requirement, at least for the NIC.

7. sysparks

sysparks New Member

Its the city and guilds 2382 wally. And yes it was the whole book so might not be the update like i said.

There was only 2 of us doing course so we had a good trawl thru the regs back to front and inside out! Prob why i got a good score!!

8. wally2

wally2 New Member

It would have been the 2382-10 like the one I did. there were 10 of us. Just got the proper certificate the other day The 1 day update I think is the 2382-20 At 64 some might think i was to old to do it, I certainly think I was the oldest in the class. I thought I better leave the zimmer frame at home though