1st fix and 2nd fix kit

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by chippy mike, Feb 19, 2008.

1. chippy mike

chippy mike New Member

Just woundering do any of you guys have a toolbox, or toolbag for first fix then another for 2nd fix?

2. chippie84

chippie84 New Member

i do yeah,i only take the tools i need on the day of the job .for first fix work i dont carry a tool box i use a hold all bag which is easy carted about intill its time for the 2nd fix work thats when i use my tool boxes. so yeah i would say i have a seperate kit station

3. dual193

dual193 New Member

I try to but I always end up taking the whole of my kit out of the van and to the job.. things are very really simple.

4. handcraft

handcraft New Member

i have a general tool box then a first and secondfix kit but there is always something youve forgotten to get out the van isnt there sods law

lee

5. !!

!! Active Member

I only have 1 tool box and it's a citroen, I tried once to split my tools but it almost drove me insane trying to keep it organised.

if I have a fair amount of distance to cover with tools e.g 5th floor flat i use a old bin to throw all the tools in then let the apprentice carry it up

6. handcraft

handcraft New Member

thats a classic when i work in flats i chuck all my gear on a pallet and get the forlift driver to fork em up on site that is never done a domestic over 3 storeys

lee