1st fixers will love this

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by handcraft, Jan 21, 2008.

1. handcraft

handcraft New Member

ive just ordered a bosch wormdrive saw with direct connect from the usa i cant wait to start tearing it up

lee

2. chip off the block

chip off the block New Member

wish i had a wormdrive saw. Hope you bought some spare cables for it

3. handcraft

handcraft New Member

it takes standard 11o cables thats what they told me anyway i will be ****** if that isnt the case

lee

4. chip off the block

why do bosch do direct connect over here

where did you get it from? Internationaltools?

5. handcraft

handcraft New Member

yeah thats the place ive beenemailing them for info about it for a while now they are extremely helpfull

lee

6. chip off the block

i was looking at the skil mag77 as all the review recommend that

7. handcraft

handcraft New Member

i went for the bosch because i like the ideo of the direct connect i did consider the skil and also the dewalt

lee

8. chip off the block

i was thinking of the 8 1/4 skil as it has 60degree bevel. are all the blade for these saws the diamond arbor type

9. handcraft

handcraft New Member

ive never even heard of this diamond arbor now i feel silly please explain?

my main reason for buying this was i like having the blade on the left so i can follow my quick square for square cuts and also rafter cuts etc etc it also has the direct connect and rafter hook

lee

saying that though it does not has a 60 degree bevel

10. stevie.c

stevie.c New Member

my mate has the skil mag 77 and that has a diamond arbor.im sure axminster do blades to suit though.i would imagine the bosch also has a diamomd arbor seen as though bosch now own skil .and the skil wormdrive is the original..ps,its the dogs danglies once you get used to it.

11. handcraft

handcraft New Member

ahh after a lil research i see what you mean by the looks of things the blades have diamond and circular cut outs so they can be used in all types of saws

lee

12. handcraft

handcraft New Member

damn it after looking into this more i cant find enough literature on the cable and plug type im a fool for trusting
    what the guy from international tool told me i watched the video on the bosch website and it dont look like a 110 v plug anyone who can help me please its driving me insane

lee

13. !!

!! Active Member

14. handcraft

handcraft New Member

your kidding me man surely if its 110 or even 120 i could just remove one end of the plug and put a uk 110 volt plug on it

lee

15. !!

!! Active Member

or perhaps just get an us extension lead, lop the end off (not the tool end) and put a uk spec 110v plug on the end.

Not really that confident that us tools run on 50hz check the rating on it before plugging it in

16. handcraft

handcraft New Member

great minds and all that yeha will do i dont fancy carrying round that transformer just to use a saw

lee

17. !!

!! Active Member

18. handcraft

handcraft New Member

i cant find hzs anywhere i will ask some more question maybe tomorow some people will have some answers thanks all

lee

19. chip off the block

my festool jigsaw is a us spec and works fine. I know it is us spec because the plug it is a different shape and this is because they just sent us spec 1s here and swapped the plugs to start with

20. jasonb

jasonb New Member

Also worth making sure your insurance will cover you if you have an accident using a non CE approved tool and that the blade will stop within 10secs. Saw will also run a bit slower on 50hz as US are 60hz and the warantee will be worthless.

Jason