2 Bleed valves

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Matthewm123, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Matthewm123

Matthewm123 Member

My towel radiator takes a while to refill property after draining the system and can take a while to fill “evenly”. Could I put a second bleed valve where the blanking plate currently is?

2. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

No point. Is your system fed from a feed and expansion tank ? Are both valves on the towel rad fully open ?

3. Matthewm123

Matthewm123 Member

Yeh baxi back boiler with an f&e tank. Both valves fully open. Top bar on rad never fully heats up- I assume there is trapped air to the left hand side as the right is slightly hot. (Blanking plate is to the left sides)

4. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Swap the positions of blank and bleed valve. Doubt it will make a difference but it will disprove your theory. If it has never heated on that side it could be a faulty rad ,or it's blocked.

Matthewm123 likes this.
  5. Matthewm123

Matthewm123 Member

Is there be anything wrong in just putting in another bleed? It’s a brand new rad and it was fine the first time I filled the system over a week ago- drained it again to add sludge cleaner

6. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Nothing to stop you doing that , won't cause any problem.

7. spirits are real 2016

spirits are real 2016 Screwfix Select

Is it fitted the right way up.. just asking ..

8. Matthewm123

Matthewm123 Member

Thanks mate

9. Matthewm123

Matthewm123 Member

Haha yes

10. METRO MARK

METRO MARK Active Member

11. Matthewm123

Matthewm123 Member

Should I put 2 on to make sure it then goes even?

12. METRO MARK

METRO MARK Active Member

Unless you rad is not Level!!....air will collect up one end (highest).....Use a level see if it's cock eyed:rolleyes:
    You can do..... nothing stopping you putting 2 on...Sf do a 2 pack. bit OTT for £17 to sort a bleed....ing issue :)
    https://www.screwfix.com/p/aladdin-hv30c-autovents-chrome-2-pack/34093

Matthewm123 likes this.
  13. Matthewm123

Matthewm123 Member

They rad is physically level.... air seems to trap at the top left where the blanking plate is... and subsequently the top bar doesn’t heat well

14. METRO MARK

METRO MARK Active Member

Stick one on that end
    Nothing to loose
    Apart from some water and ££ at our hosts ScrewFix
    Can be found on line at other well known outlets just Google

ALADDIN HV30C AUTOVENTS

Matthewm123 likes this.
  15. Severntrent

Severntrent Screwfix Select

You could isolate it via the valves take theblankink plate off then CAREFULLY open one valve slightly to fill the rad to just overflowing, close valve, refit blanking plate and open valves just yo see if that sorts it beforebuying bleed vslves

Jimbo and Matthewm123 like this.