2 combi boilers connected together for hot water

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Bandit12, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Bandit12

Bandit12 New Member

Got 2 combination boilers in my house, one for downstairs one for upstairs floors.

Is it possible to connect the hot water outlets together so that both boilers provide the hot water to all floors simultaneously ??
    Reason I am asking is one of the boilers has gone **** up and it would be good as a back up for future problems.
    Do boilers have non return valves/would it cause a problem ?
    PS am a spark so be gentle if its a stupid question

CHEERS

2. mully123

mully123 New Member

Ever so simple,if the boilers are not the same[Problem},if the flow switches operate different[problem],if the water flow is retricted more on one than the other,[problem]and on, and on, and on,?

3. doing a bit

doing a bit New Member

you could put a pipe link in with a lever valve to allow it to be opened manually , you would need to shut off water into duff boiler to stop cold passing round

4. simplesimon25

simplesimon25 New Member

hahahahahahahahaha pizzzin meself laughin here AND ON ON ON

5. Bandit12

Bandit12 New Member

allow it to be opened manually

Cheers for advice I have connected them together and turned the cold feed off under the duff boiler and its working fine hot water up and down off one boiler.

Still don't understand why two boilers with a non return valve fitted on the hot water out could not supply hot water together

Cos u just a sparky !!WAITING FOR IT!! But give a reason ??

6. doing a bit

doing a bit New Member

the flow switches which bring on the boiler for hot water wouldnt neccesarily both work at the same time as the water pressure in the house will vary at different points so one might work while the other has in sufficient flow to operate

7. Allhours

Allhours New Member

If the hot water draw off is balanced then would work, but this would be near impossible with 1 located upstairs and 1 down.

8. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

9. Bandit12

Bandit12 New Member

Thanks for that link Ruler
    Am going to take that a yes then but going to get my corgi mate to check it out for me !!
    Looks like plumbing forum and electrical forum are the same.
    Lots of different answers to the same question!

CHEERS FOR ADVICE (WILL LET U KNOW IF IT WORKS)