2 electric showers stopped working on the same day

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Luke_C, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Luke_C

Luke_C New Member

I have 2 triton aspirante electric showers they are about 3 years old. On Monday they both stopped producing hot water. Now only cold water comes from both. I have tested the TCU and the heating elements they seem to be fine. I called triton customer support they suggested that I check with the local water provider to see if there is a pressure drop in my area. I did that no issues and I tested the water pressure I’m getting over 2 gallons per minute. If anything the water pressure is slightly better than normal.

Any ideas? Thanks.

2. Alan sherriff

Alan sherriff Active Member

2 gallons a minute sounds low ,are both showers fed off the same fuse/ circuit breaker , a shot in the dark you never know ,are there any indication lights on the shower switch or shower to prove supply

3. Luke_C

Luke_C New Member

Each shower is on a separate circuit on separate panels. 2 gallons per minute is on the kitchen tap through a shut off valve that also reduces flow in reality at the main line coming into the house it is about double that. I never believed the pressure argument from triton. In the house you can run 2-3 showers and flush a toilet at the same time without any serious problems with pressure.

I’m planning on taking the PCB board out of one of them to bring to a repair man to test it tomorrow.

4. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

What voltages are present at the showers main terminal block . Live to neutral, live to earth ?