2 fans in bathroom

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Chisum, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Chisum

Chisum New Member

I have a bathroom without windows. The current setup is that the toilet has a fan over it and I would like to add another fan (shower fan) which I bought about a year ago from Screwfix.
    My question is how do I vent both out, the existing one vents out through the roof, I have thought about venting the second one out of the soffit? board, but the run is too long. Is there any 4" "Y" connectors available anywhere?

Many thanks

2. Chisum

Chisum New Member

Any takers?
    Any suggestions?
    Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!

3. plummit

plummit New Member

You can vent the second fan, within reason, and try to avoid "sumps". I have two fans in my bathroom, one over the shower and one general fan. Both vented seperately.

4. bath master

bath master New Member

I have done before using soil pipe, putting a T in with a nrv flap valve on each fan. These were in seperate rooms though and could not get to core drill another hole top floor of 3 story house. Why not fit a proper fan like this one from screwfix 67743 or 33917. I would just put one good one in.

5. Chisum

Chisum New Member

Thanks for the reply, it's just that I have a fan already and thought I'd use that rather than spend more money.