2 gang stairwell light

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Aircrafteng74, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Aircrafteng74

Aircrafteng74 New Member

hi all, looking for some advice on my stairway lighting. Currently there is a single pendent at the top of the stars controlled by a 2 way switch either end of the stairs ( standard).
    I'm wanting to add a light at the bottom of the stairs with a 2 gang switch at top & bottom of the stairwell so each light can be controlled from either switch.
    Is the wiring the same as a 2 way 1 gang switch with an extra 3 core & e cable?

Many thanks

2. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

yes....with some provisoes.

3. Aircrafteng74

Aircrafteng74 New Member

Ok thanks lol

4. retiredsparks

ok....LNE to new rose.
    T & E to one switch....from rose
    3core & E to other switch...from first switch
    So you now have a standard 2 way one pendant switch system.
    Now, if you can get LNE to new rose you may be able to use a switching system previously noted on here, within last 2 weeks... which is wirefree.
    and not that expensive...i shall look..
    Rs

5. retiredsparks

Maybe the sparks who noted this type of wirefree unit on here might read this and repost..maybe JP might remember ?
    I just cant find it.
    Rs

6. Aircrafteng74

Aircrafteng74 New Member

No worries rs, thanks for the advice. Maybe they will post on here.

I've got all the cable I need from a previous job so cost isn't really an issue. Is it tight terminating all the cables to the switch? I've also got the pull them through the existing conduit in the wall which looks about 20 - 25mm