2 guns and no joy

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by tool man taylor, Jan 5, 2008.

1. tool man taylor

tool man taylor New Member

hi i have a problem with 2 nail guns paslode and hitachi on the paslode after 20 or 30 fires the firing pin jams out ,ive cleaned and oiled it but with no change and on the hitachi theres a problem with the spark switch in the trigger ,tried to find spares on line but all i can find is sales ,both are fuel cell powered ,any advice

2. !!

!! Active Member

Hate to say it as it doesn't really help but I swapped to pneumatic nail guns (bostitch & senco) and I can fire 1,000 nails without 1 jamming.

3. chippy mike

chippy mike New Member

some times less hassle to find you'r locall paslode repair place

4. RinkyDinky

RinkyDinky New Member

Depends on what you mean by cleaning.
    If you have used the paslode a lot it needs stripped right down to the inside and cleaned out and oiled so that the piston ring can slide up and down inside the bore easily.
    As for the hitachi no idea.

5. tool man taylor

with the paslode it was fully dismantled with both rings cleaned n oiled

6. bodget&scarpers

bodget&scarpers New Member

got both the im65a and 350 an never ad a problem with them , but they are cleaned regular, my mates sometimes plays up ,firing pin ******* through, but been droper a few times :(

7. tool man taylor

paslode is now fixed ,cost about £20 brought new o rings and a bump (fits behind piston) 5000 nails and not one missfire ace ,got parts from topgun.co.uk

8. problem

problem New Member

you must clean these very often if used in a dirty enviroment such as working with mdf, the dust kills them. replace the o-rings once a year as well.