2 inch BSP/54mm compression fitting sizes

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by RM, Oct 8, 2009.

1. RM

RM New Member

Hi,

Would like to know the length of thread on a male and depth of thread on a female plumbing compression fitting - 2inch BSP/54mm copper pipe.

Thanks.

2. jamie87

jamie87 New Member

ant ya got a tape measure?

3. RM

RM New Member

Yes - but I do not have the fittings yet as I am try to plan using them for a completely different application that just a comp fitting and been unable to find the dims on the www.

Your response reminds me of "Any form of assistance short of actual help

4. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

The lengths will vary according to the manufacturer - now stop being a bumptious twit and go and play somewhere else.

5. RM

RM New Member

Temper, temper. If connections are to BS1254-2, then should they not be a standard size?? - just as BSP pipe fittings have the same dims.

6. G Brown

G Brown New Member

No...plonker!

7. RM

RM New Member

Well, I am glad I have no aspirations to be a foul mouthed plumber in real life. What a shower!! - so far you are all so full of it your eyes are brown, and completely unable to answer the simplest of questions - eg depends on the fitting manufacturer but broadly xx mm etc. Not surprising that there are a real load of numpty issues here - even going back to Captain Leaky's first post - "how do I hang a radiator in darkest Dorset".
    Bye and good riddance.

8. strappy

strappy New Member

could you explain what you intend to use it for

9. doing a bit

doing a bit New Member

think you have upset him :(

10. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Touchy soul!

11. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

RM, you are getting us confused with someone that's here to help DaftyDIY'ers!!!

12. RM

RM New Member

Fireports into engine room on a 22m vessel. Femal comp fitting on 6mm steel deck, male screwed up from underside deck through appropriate sized hole. Short piece of 54mm copper pipe to clear insulation and engine room lining. Nut of female compression will have brass plate brazed across to make a cap.

13. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

14. RM

RM New Member

Thanks - I had read that before my first post and dims only go up to 28mm/1inch BSP fittings. From my friendly plumber who gave me a length of 54mm tube, it seems that 54mm fittings have around 25mm thread - which is fine.