2 ovens on 32A ring

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Jayjay123456, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Jayjay123456

Jayjay123456 New Member

Hi there, We are planning to get a new kitchen installed in the next couple of months and have a question regarding electrics for 2 single ovens.
    We are getting Neff N70 range ovens one is a standard single one 3460kw and the other one will be a combined microwave / oven 3600kw.

There is my question: we have separate ring for ovens only, and the electrician installed 6mm wire on 32A mfb with an isolator.
    I'm concerned if just over 7k kw output will be fine and safe to use both ovens at same time ?
    There was planned to have 1 double oven but plans have changed, cable upgrade is out of the question.

Appreciate any answer of experienced electrician

2. Ind spark

Ind spark Screwfix Select

1 x 6mm will be fine.

Edit, sorry didn't read properly you cant put the ovens a ring but you can put them both on the 6mm with 32 amp mcb.

3. Jayjay123456

Jayjay123456 New Member

Sorry for misinterpretation. If I’m right current for both will be just over 29A + somebody mentioned that isolator take another 5 Amp ?

4. Ind spark

You can allow for diversity.

Go onto YouTube and watch, John ward cooker diversity, he explains it better than I could.

5. The Happy Builder

The Happy Builder Screwfix Select

"We are getting Neff N70 range ovens one is a standard single one 3460kw and the other one will be a combined microwave / oven 3600kw"

3460 + 3600 = 7060 divided by 230 = 30.69 amps

So there is no problem at all without even having to consider diversity.

Ind spark likes this.
  6. The Happy Builder

The Happy Builder Screwfix Select

Does the cooker switch actually have a socket outlet built into it?

7. Ind spark

Yes the happy builders right but with diversity it's even less.

3460+3600= 7060÷ 230=30.6

30.6 - 10= 20.6 -70%=6.2 +10 =16.2.

+5 if you have a socket on the switch=21.2 amps total.

arrow likes this.
  8. Bob Rathbone

Bob Rathbone Screwfix Select

Why are you putting a cooker control unit with a socket outlet, plug the appliances into the ring or radial socket outlets.

9. arrow

arrow Screwfix Select

You can't plug a 3600kw or a 3460kw appliance into the sockets, ring or radial.

Ind spark likes this.
  10. Ind spark

I thought the same, I think he means plug your appliances (kettle etc) into the ring/radial sockets so no need for a socket on the cooker switch.

11. Jayjay123456

Jayjay123456 New Member

Sorry my fault there is no socket on isolator switch. Much appreciate all answers. I will edit first post as there is no ring, it’s direct feed from mfb