22mm to 1/2" coupler???

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by OllyUK, Nov 4, 2008.

1. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Well I hope SF have the pic wrong because that is no way 22mm cu x 1/2" FI.

2. OllyUK

OllyUK Member

would the compression coupler be strong enough to hold the shower head and arm from the ceiling.

3. G Brown

G Brown New Member

No.

What is the thread on the end of the shower head?

Is it 1/2" male or female..it's not clear from your posts.

Basically the shower head needs screwing into a thread which is in turn supported by backnuts or flanges through ply or similar.

4. doitall

doitall New Member

The fitting he wants is a back plate elbow, either 1/2 x 15mm and reduce the pipe, or 3/4 x 22mm and use a 1/2 x 3/4 brass bush.

5. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

probably I'm confused too !

6. OllyUK

OllyUK Member

The shower arm has a 1/2"male connector that protudes about 1" behind the chrome plate. From the ceiling I have 22mm pipe fitted I can support the pipe in the ceiling using a noggin etc. The shower head is about 6"square. The ceiling is about 2-3"thick as it has been replastered. Ideally I need a bracket (1/2" female)attached to the ceiling that I can screw the shower arm into. Think I maye just spend 100 and buy a hansgrobe this was only 10 and its clear why

7. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

8. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

You can adapt your £10 bargain with enough ingenuity Olly. ;)

9. DibDobDave

DibDobDave New Member

done a grohe ceiling mounted arm/head this week this week,this is how i did it 1/2 inch back plate elbow,screw back plate to short lentgh of 3x2 at edge of timber,then screw another 3x2 longer in lentgh(than ceiling rafters)screw this timber to other,screw ceiling arm into back plate elbow,using ptfe tape/rubber washers,pass arm through hole in ceiling (desired location)screw top lentgh of 3x2 to rafters in loft,you can now connect pipework to compression/solder fitting on back plate which is at right angles to your ceiling,using 22-15 reducer in betwwen,and you will have a secure mounted arm,which will withstand swiving head constantly.