25 kg bag of multi finish

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by brian9999, Jan 14, 2022.

1. brian9999

brian9999 Member

Does anyone know the volume in litres of 25kg of gyproc multi finish plaster mixed with water as per manufacturer's instructions.

Ta

Brian

2. JimTiler

JimTiler Member

It says on the bag doesn’t it?

3. Abrickie

Abrickie Screwfix Select

Less than 25 litres, as that’s the size of a plasterers bucket ;)

4. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Unless you’re weighing out the plaster based on a recommended volume of water for a whole bag, then you're going to be in trouble, as you don’t have the experience to deal with spreading a whole bag in one hit.

If you’re using a standard 25l plastering bucket (a one bagger), then it’s approx half a bucket of water to a bag of skim depending on the consistency you want.

5. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

One bag.
    2 buckets just under half full of water.
    I do it that way vs plasters bucket as too big to carry around most of the time.

First mix has more power added to the half ish bucket of water as thicker.
    Second mix thinner consistency.

6. brian9999

brian9999 Member

Thanks all for the replies.

I am mixing with water as per the manufacturers instructions.

What i am looking to find out is when i add the plaster to the water, how much plaster will i have. have a 30l bucket

CGN: Indeed that is exactly what i will be doing. Multifinish and water in correct proportion. I will practice on a few sheets of plasterboard to get me started and then a couple of walls that will be in built in wardrobes.

7. brian9999

brian9999 Member

Thanks Wayners. Never thought of using 2 small buckets i might try that or buy another 30l and just use to half full of plaster. I did see that the second coat only had to be half as thick as the first and a bit sloppier, is that essential with multifinish

8. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Indestructible yellow buckets off amazon are good. British made..

Plenty of black buckets about for £1

9. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

A good consistency for a beginner is when you’ve mixed up and scooped up a bit on your bucket trowel and turned it sideways, it will just grip for a split second then drop off. You don’t want it to run straight off.