28mm fittings

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by hotXbunny, Mar 7, 2009.

1. hotXbunny

hotXbunny New Member

excellent!

Can I have 1 of each thanks

How much is postage? ... will you send them singly or in packs of 5 ;)

2. G Brown.

G Brown. New Member

can send them in packs of 5, that will be £60 plus £5 postage.

Hows work standalone?.

3. hotXbunny

hotXbunny New Member

Aye oop Pontyficate! I see you using Capt Squeaky's comment in the Gas thread . and there you be calling me 'standalone' ..... I reckon standalone and me will need to get together to arrive at a more meaningful approach ...

Tell me, can you even count to 5? They tell me that they don't do rithmatic at skool thses days as all you need is a calculator .. and guess what .... they sell them singly lolol ;)

4. imran_

imran_ New Member

Ah, now I see where the confusion lies.

You are in the wrong place!

This is a plumbers forum, for plumbers. Hosted by a trade site, "where the trade buys".

So instead go to the local merchants, but I'm guessing they don't give you any discount buying in ones and twos. PC have the Endex 28mm street retailing @ £14.13, so by the time you've bought two you'll have "saved" a whopping £3.62. And be three streets short of a housing estate (cf. sandwiches and picnic ;) ).

Now with that logic I can tell why you haven't got enough cash to buy FIVE!!!

BTW if you're that worried about cost why not just buy standard IBP elbows (and a shed load of other fittings) for your £30??

5. hotXbunny

hotXbunny New Member

You are right .... I am in the wrong place, but not for much longer ...

I've just found out that I can buy a 28mm endfeed street elbow for just £1.81 inc vat all you have to do is know where to go, and it's all open and legit... now that's what I call a cracking deal!

I might even buy five for less than a tenner .... Hmmmm, worth thinking about :)

6. tackleburger

tackleburger New Member

Clearly an amateur with no idea.

7. hotXbunny

hotXbunny New Member

you wish :)

I must admit to a slight surprise. This is Screwfix, the forum, and instead of (what should have been) perhaps understanding the problem I have been victimised by somewhat sarcastic and misinformed debate ... so much for informed debate lol

It is lucky that I have quite a bit of trade experience in the construction industry and I see the paranoid desire of the main combatants to be one-up .. I don't have any problem with your group desire to be the alpha male only sorry, but it doesn't impress.

I have managed to obtain all I want from www.tradingdepot.co.uk and at vastly reduced prices than those offered at 'cracking' prices by screwfix.

I understand that screwfix has been taken over by Homebase (or whatever) .. sad but it seems true if I go by the apparent price hikes ....

I feel that the aggressive replies I have received are those from site 'sales people' who are obviously trying to make out they are in the trade .... forget it, I've been in the trade too long to know when I'm confronted with obvious plonkers!

8. G Brown.

G Brown. New Member

"when I'm confronted with obvious plonkers!" and i bet that happens quite alot.

9. G Brown.

G Brown. New Member

oops i forgot the Ooo Errr Missus.

10. hotXbunny

hotXbunny New Member

You know, over coffee, I'm going to show this to my Client tomorrow and we will have a good laugh. Please please don't delete this thread as I cannot recall the last time I had such fun .... long may it continue ;)

I will of course be charging for my online time, so I'll be able to recoup some of my expenses in a proper and workmanlike manner (none of this overcharging and hiding the costs in amongst the 'sundry' bits and pieces)

You see, my Customers trust me to be honest not dodgy and dare I say it ... "Street elbowwise" :)....

Yes, friends, fellow cowboys and Alpha Males .. oops, did I say 'fellow cowboys' ... long may you continue to fill up your vans with all manner of over indulgence. Oh, and don't forget to keep your tyres legal ... you are legal, aren't you? Silly me .... amateurs! :)

11. ponty01.

ponty01. New Member

well now, how i wonder who is making all these postings LOL :^O

MOAP: Multiple One Alone Poster

12. hotXbunny

hotXbunny New Member

ooh . mummy has arrived :)

13. G Brown.

G Brown. New Member

Standalone was sussed along time ago fat painter and what are you doing on here, you were banned from the plumbers forum .............oh and the just talk forum and the painters forum and just talk to yourself on the sports forum.

14. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

ponty!

Why do you think hotXbunny is Loz?

He can't be.

hotXbunny can string whole sentences together and write without spelling mistakes!

Loz can't do either!

15. ponty01.

ponty01. New Member

now now my children, do not fight amonst yourselves :^O

MOAP: Multiple One, Alone Poster

16. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

Mother of all Pontys ...or Monty Python?

17. hotXbunny

hotXbunny New Member

As it's Easter I've decided its Mary, Mother of all Pontyficates!

:):)

18. imran_

imran_ New Member

Bunny,

when you show the customer this thread tomorrow, show him you are supplying and fitting Vemco (Mueller) fittings that, as far as I'm aware, aren't stocked by ANY of the standard merchants (wonder why, they must be too exspensive :) ).

Have a look on the web, and then you'll see that:
    - they're very cheap, and, er
    - not stocked by anyone except a few discount warehouses.

I wonder why that is....??? And you then TRY and compare them to Endex, renowned for their quality, WRAS approved and DZR certified.

Compare that with Vemco/Mueller fittings that are NOT WRAS approved.

As an aside, I'd probably fit a S18 elbow rather than a 12 anyway due to its reduced resistance and less turbulence caused (i.e. better flow). But then you'd know that wouldn't you.....???

19. G Brown.

G Brown. New Member

"Monty Python" nah they were funny.
    Hotdog aint Standalone been a women before.Which women would come on here as hotxbunny, Its not the 80's with CB radio.Maybe his missus has done the typing.

20. tackleburger

tackleburger New Member

Well I think Hotx is a cowboy. Who else but a cowboy would ask on a forum about the price of an elbow 28mm or otherwise. The guy's a joker and he has wasted enough of our time already. If he wa a real Plumber he would either own some of these items already or just buy a pack 'cos he'll need them in the future. This guy is a charlatan and a krank that probably shouldn't change out a cylinder anyway.