28mm Tank Connector

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Stue, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Stue

Stue New Member

Can anyone tell me where to get a 28mm cold water tank connector. I have seen what I think is the correct connector but it doesn't have a sealing ring to seal up against the tank. Surely there should be a seal that goes here. Is the seal purchased separately.

Thanks in advance.

2. screwhard

screwhard New Member

Can anyone tell me where to get a 28mm cold water
    tank connector. I have seen what I think is the
    correct connector but it doesn't have a sealing ring
    to seal up against the tank. Surely there should be a
    seal that goes here. Is the seal purchased
    separately.

Thanks in advance.

From a 28mm cold water tank connector shop,washers sold seperately

3. G Brown.

G Brown. New Member

I take back everything i have said Screwhard on previous post.Oh my God.

4. Stue

Stue New Member

thanks for the advice screwhard.
    I'm not an expert like you obviously are ponty01, just someone who is trying to get on with a DIY job, as have been let down by three so called plumbers when they have promised to look at the job for me, but couldn't be bothered to turn up or get back in touch.
    I do realise there are some conscientious tradesmen out there who do great jobs, but you can only wait so long before you get fed up and decide to bite the bullet and go it alone. Obviously, not being in the trade there are a few things I need advice on, and I'm sure there are people willing to help with that advice, looks like your not one of them.

5. G Brown.

G Brown. New Member

Sorry Stue, bit edgy tonight, missus has the decoraters in.Will try to help in future, in fact if you live in Cheshire i will come and do it for you.

6. screwhard

screwhard New Member

Sorry Stue, bit edgy tonight, missus has the
    decoraters in.Will try to help in future, in fact if
    you live in Cheshire i will come and do it for you.

Stop sucking up ponty!!.I live in Devon, need an outside tap fitting under the sink,how you fixed,mates rates?

7. Stue

Stue New Member

Apology accepted Ponty01, we all have off nights.
    Thanks for the offer, but I live in Lincolnshire and this is just part of a bigger job that may take me some time, so if you don't mind helping out a layman from time to time, I may be asking for some more advice.
    Cheers.

8. G Brown.

G Brown. New Member

Someone has to, to far from my love of football, you dont have any down there.its criminal in this day and age you lot still have your kitchens outside, i thought it was just the W.C.lol.

9. G Brown.

G Brown. New Member

Last one was to screwhard before i upset anybody.

10. Hugh Jaleak

Hugh Jaleak Member

Stue, Im sure someone will endeavour to assist with your queries when you need some advice. It doesn't help the trades image when people promise to come to look at or do a job and simply dont turn up. A courtesy phone call never goes amiss.

There's a guy round here, brilliant plumber but memory like a sieve. How he has stayed in business for so long I do not know. I went past a nearby joinery shop one morning, they were obviously expecting him as they had a board outside showing details of the book they were running, on when he'd appear. Quote that makes me laugh to this day was supposedly from his wife. "A reliable bloke.

11. jaywhat

jaywhat New Member

next time ime in salcombe ill let you no i might call by

12. jaywhat

jaywhat New Member

Can anyone tell me where to get a 28mm cold water
    tank connector. I have seen what I think is the
    correct connector but it doesn't have a sealing ring
    to seal up against the tank. Surely there should be a
    seal that goes here. Is the seal purchased
    separately.

Thanks in advance.

13. jaywhat

jaywhat New Member

fuk that

14. Stue

Stue New Member

Thanks for the reassurance Hugh. I know there are good and bad in all trades. Guess I've just been a bit unlucky with those three, maybe they just had too much work on at the time. But, as you say, a courtesy call goes a long way

15. plumber31

plumber31 New Member

Dont bother with the washer. I always discard them and instead roll a thin sausage of plumbers mait onto the mating surface of the fitting (inside of tank). Safe as houses