3-port Diverter Value (new) Passing

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Jimbo, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo Screwfix Select

Have a new diverter valve valve fitted - Banico ZVD28.

When not energised the valve seems to be passing (flow to both A and B).

Any ideas? Faulty body or head alignment/other issue?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  2. Peterdevon

Peterdevon Active Member

Has the system got a bypass

3. Jimbo

Jimbo Screwfix Select

No bypass. I removed the valve head and the shaft can be rotated by hand OK (about 1/4 turn between stops) and the mechanism follows also.

I'm presuming that the whole thing needs to be changed.

4. Tilt

Tilt Active Member

Unless I have the wrong end of the stick, if the diverter valve is not energised then the boiler should be off anyway...
    Is it part of the central heating you are on about.

A 3 port diverter valve will always be open, either to A or to B or to both, but the boiler being switched off will mean that the pump should be off so nothing will be flowing, no?

5. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

What exactly is the consequence ? If the valve is not energised the boiler should not run ,nor should the pump . So the valves position is somewhat irrelevant. It's default position is to be open to the domestic hot water port, however it can be held in its last port of call in certain conditions.

6. Jimbo

Jimbo Screwfix Select

The diverter valve controls flow from heat pump to either CH or DHW cylinder (but never both). The valve appears to pass freely to A and B regardless of set position so I presume it's completely faulty. Will get it replaced with a Honeywell valve I think.