3 Port Diverter Valve Sticking

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by labomba, Jan 15, 2007.

1. labomba

labomba New Member

Is this something that can be partly replaced or do I have to get the whole part replaced? Would it be worth having an auto bypass valve fitted instead, if so would that cost a lot more?

2. labomba

labomba New Member

No I'm not... anyone else?

3. chris roast

chris roast Member

which bit is sticking the moterised part, or the valve body it self, becasue you can just buy the top part, for about £25.

4. labomba

labomba New Member

Is it a coincidence that after having 2 trvs fitted in my house that my diverter valve has decided to stick? It was fine before I had this done. Someone mentioned about an auto bypass valve being beneficial with trvs, I'm not taking the ****!

5. labomba

labomba New Member

Well all I can tell you is that I have to keep pulling the little metal mechanism forward that sticks out of the square plastic housing when I want my heating to work, it makes a wind up mechanical noise, then everything works ok again.

6. labomba

labomba New Member

I see that an auto bypass has to work along with a diverter. I thought it was an alternative to a diverter valve. lol.

7. heatyman

heatyman Well-Known Member

If you manually open it, I wouldn't describe it as sticking. Have you got a live feed to it? Sounds like a failed synchron motor.
    Martin

8. labomba

labomba New Member

Ah, ok, well that makes sense if it operates ok manually, it just uses me as a power source. I wonder if the wiring's dodgy since the sparky was in?