300mm adjustable with wide jaw.

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Dick Puller, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

One of our artisans is working on a job with loads of 28mm compression fittings. We are wanting to buy him a 300mm adjustable with a wide jaw for the said fittings.

I had a look in B&Q & the biggest I could find was a Stanley with a 35mm jaw, hopeless really when you consider the invaluable Bahco wide jaw shifters.

Our hosts sell this, but I'm unsure of the quality?
    http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;jsessionid=RLXBVQ20CDMVUCSTHZOCFFY?_dyncharset=UTF-8&fhsearch=61294-11&x=11&y=4

Anyone bought??

2. EXPERTGASMAN

EXPERTGASMAN New Member

***. Dick, you really must think before posting. A top Executive officer * about ordering a £17 bit of kit! It's a FORGED STEEL product, intended for (as you put it) Dafty DIYers. I've had a * morning, but this put a smile on my face

[Edited by: admin]

3. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Had a bad morning eh Expertgasbagman, what, could you not get your flue brush through the Baxi BBU sight glass window again. Yes, these BBUs can be a pig to service. Did you remember to take the fire off first, not like the last time!!!

No answers please from the hard of thinking, like the above!!!
    Thank you.

4. EXPERTGASMAN

EXPERTGASMAN New Member

LOL. Here y'go Dick. I know you haven't really got the time to do a quick google, being at the helm of small time plumbing ltd, (although I'm surprised you've admitted to walking round B&Q - that is something I draw a line at). Or is an extra £15 a bit too hot to handle?

Product Description Pack Qty Cost Per Pack Quantity 12" 80 SER.ADJUST.WRENCH 34mm cap (PHOSPHATE) BAHCO-8073 Ref: 6163T1200 1 Price: £32.05 Excluding VAT at 17.5%

Anyway , yopu for5got to invite me to apply for the stalker job.

5. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

I know your comprehension is somewhat lacking 'Expertgasbag' and, your sight may be poor with years of self abuse, but the jaw size is the ruling factor in the selection of the tool. However, thanks - I think??!!

As I have said, this is not a question for the hard of thinking.

6. EXPERTGASMAN

EXPERTGASMAN New Member

OK fair point, the 35mm won't be big enough, but the FS carp doesn't give a size, which says it all really! why not go for the 12 or 15" Bahco?. If your guy has loads top do, he will want something proper lasting.

7. ecm

ecm New Member

One of our artisans is working on a job with loads of 28mm compression fittings. We are wanting to buy him a 300mm adjustable with a wide jaw for the said fittings.

Hi Dick, I bought the from Screwfix a few months back. Very happy with it. Had a couple of stanley 200mm wrenches before and the difference is - well you can imagine.:) Max jaw opening of 30mm so will be ok for 28mm fittings.

8. drew peacock

drew peacock New Member

I would have thought mr dick puller would have a 12inch king dick(it is a spanner,,honest!)

9. mantor6

mantor6 New Member

Max jaw opening of 30mm so will be ok for 28mm fittings.

Oh dear.. :^O

10. ecm

ecm New Member

Max jaw opening of 30mm so will be ok for 28mm fittings.

Oh dear..

Fair cop mantor. I've just realised - yes I'm a plank! :^O

11. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

mantie la 6, give it up pal, pick another username, how about, ' the toffee's' :)

12. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Don't worry about it ecm. I was also wrong once. Thanks for your info.

13. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

They realy have it in for you mantie la. What have you done, taken a dump on Steve's lawn??

14. mantor6

mantor6 New Member

mantie la 6, give it up pal, pick another username,
    how about, ' the toffee's' :)

*.....and the toffees as well.

15. mantor6

mantor6 New Member

They realy have it in for you mantie la. What have
    you done, taken a dump on Steve's lawn??

As I was saying to that plank ponty this morning (deleted now), last year I was having a go at that painter * who was posting advice about plumbing and gas. Then he starts off with a load of vile * about me and my eighty odd year old mother. The * he was coming out with should have seen him banned off here immediately, but guess who got banned while he was left to carry on posting. That's admin on here for you *, so like I said...* em.

16. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Don't tale it to heart Mantie la. I can be having a heated debate with a complete t.at head & nothing gets deleted. Then I can get an ASBO email out of the blue for no reason!!!

The strange thing is Steve is a close personal friend of mine too!!!

17. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

yes mantie, i followed your posts this morning, i don't understand why ponty was abrasive to you ? you both have reason to dislike the iws ponty, yet he was havin a go at you , have i missed something ????

18. mantor6

mantor6 New Member

He made some stupid remarks about last years episode that got up my nose and didn't like it when I told him. He also seems to think that by posting that filthy disgusting (I'm no shrinking violet as I'm sure you know) * IWS somehow won the argument and "kicked my butt" as ponty put it. In my eyes that makes ponty as much of a moron as the pervert painter. He didn't like it when I told him that either. * him as well.

19. mantor6

mantor6 New Member

The strange thing is Steve is a close personal friend of mine too!!!

Next time you see him dick, tell him to give that * in admin a kick up the * :^O

20. plumber carl

plumber carl New Member

funny that dick because i see him almost every wednesday and hes never mentioned knowing you personally????