450mm deep dishwasher??

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Doing it myself, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Doing it myself

Doing it myself New Member

i have just moved to a new flat and i have a 550mm wide gap under a 500mm deep worktop for my washing machine. that was great until i realised there is a 70mm (approx) plastic pipe running along the back wall in the gap. ive put my machine into postion and its obviously sticking out like a sore thumb. its possible ,with a bit of pipework, to move the washer to another position. shouldnt have to do this in my opinion but its a minor problem, easy enough to sort out. the thing is i will be left with a gaping hole under my worktop, the plumbing is there for a washing machine so i thought i might be able to find a dishwasher to fit the gap. does anyone know of anywhere, the mrs will be over the moon if i can get one :-D

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

A standard worktop is 600mm, though 500mm are used, but finding appliances to fit is not easy to say the least, width wise isn't such a problem as a lot of appliances are 500mm but are still the normal 560/570mm deep, you may find a built in type to suit but it won't be cheap.