50m2 Patio & Drainage

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by HERSHAM BOY, Jul 13, 2016.

1. HERSHAM BOY

HERSHAM BOY Member

Hi All

I am laying a patio and have installed some clark channel drainage (8m in total).

Q1 My first problem is the channel although installed as per instructions and locked together appear to be dripping from the underside. I have not yet levelled and poured concrete underneath them. Is this ok/normal??

Q2. Despite trawling the internet I have read conflicting opinions with regard to the mortar mix. I am laying 600x900 sandstone slabs. Should I use Sharp, soft or plastering sand and cement? At which ratio is recommended. I have laid a couple of patios on previous properties and competent at most aspects of DIY/Building Work.

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Why have you locked channels together but not set them on a concrete bed yet.

Mix Sharp Sand and cement at 5.1 add plasterciser to the water.

3. HERSHAM BOY

HERSHAM BOY Member

I have never installed channel Drainage before. Having dug the trench I just wanted to ensure that it all went together ok. Would you normally lock theme together at the same time as concreting them in? Do you think the dripping from the joints is because they are not level and supported by concrete?

Thanks