60 CM integrated cooker hood - uuf0360-2

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Ryanm353, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Ryanm353

Ryanm353 New Member

Hi there,

We recently got a new kitchen fitted, and this extractor fan was put into place, however when the fan is switched on it blows air out instead of sucking? The fitter said it was installed correctly, so he went and got another one incase this one was faulty. The new one we got today (same model) does the exact same thing and he's baffled. The wires are correct and there does not seem to be any way of switching it to suck instead of blow? The manual with it does not contain any brand name or any contact info for the people that make it either, so the fitter went back to the supplier of the kitchen to question him more. Has anyone any help?? This is what the fan looks like,

http://www.xtremewholesale.co.uk/in...ing-1/600mm-motor-integrated-cooker-hood.html

Hope somebody can help. Many thanks

2. R.W_Carpentry

R.W_Carpentry Active Member

Is it ducted or just using filters? Only a guess, but if ducted and airflow is being blocked , perhaps it would have this effect.

3. Ryanm353

Ryanm353 New Member

Yeah its ducted. The main airflow was checked aswell, and its clear.

4. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

With the fan on max power offer up a single sheet of A4 paper to the filters. If the paper stays put the extractor is working.
    Failing that the extractor(s) could easily have been manufactured wrongly. I would opt for a more popular brand / store. You can get a generic int hood easily for that price or less from a recognised outlet.

5. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

Just checked. Wickes do a branded one for a little more that will have a warranty. Selco do a CDA branded one for a little less that will have a warranty.
    Our hosts do a lovely one that will be perfect. It is all about price.

6. madhatter1uk

madhatter1uk Screwfix Select

What happens if you put paper over the outlet pipe? If it sticks its definitely sucking. It's wired up wrong inside if so and is a manufacturing batch fault.

7. Pinteater

Pinteater Member

Hi
    Could anyone suggest an inline filter spec for my extract. I'm installing mine on an inline 100mm Manrose which will be used to extract mainly steam and odours (never deep fry and v occasional shallow fry).
    I'm looking at a 100mm inline box with element included, but there's conflicting views as to whether it'd be adequate?

8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

I always use 150mm ducting for cooker hood nowadays, as most hoods use that size now.
    If you you change your hood,your limited in choice using 100mm ducting.

9. Pinteater

Pinteater Member

Good point. What sort of filter would you recommend - for an inline>

10. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Cooker hood itself has filters, so why extra filters?

11. Pinteater

Pinteater Member

Assuming I'm using a hood. There'll be a duct intake above the hob, flexi aluduct to the inline fan then to the outside with backdraught shutter and louvre.