600 x600 wall tiles

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by dangerousdistress, Nov 25, 2007.

1. dangerousdistress

dangerousdistress New Member

Hi All,

Has anyone any tips for tiling a bathroom wall with oversize porceline tiles. eg what size trowel notch,gap between tiles,avoiding ridges between tiles, cutting.

All advce would be gratefully received as this is a first project for me with such large tiles.

DD

2. C. J.

C. J. New Member

dry line plumb and level everything,just done one but only dry lined one wall, wish i had dry lined it all now.I used a 5mm notch but did wonder if a 10mm would have been better on the walls i had not lined,

ps have you come across anything to repair a ceramic tile

thanks cj

3. Mwss77

Mwss77 New Member

Hi DD

Make sure that all walls are level, also check that the walls are able to take the weight of the tile (plus allow for additional weight of the adhesive)

Ideally it is always best to either knock back the walls to the render and use a cement based porceline adhesive or you can tile onto Wedi/plasterboard - it is est though o leave these un-plastered.

It is best to use a 10mm notched trowel, and you will need a cutter that is ale to deal with large format porceline.